Why gas is increasing

In recent years the nations average gas price has hit a all time high. The gas price being so high had me wondering what effect the nation’s prices. So i found out that there are three main thing that affect the price. The cost of refining crude oil into gasoline, the distribution and marketing of gasoline, and finally the federal, state and local taxes. But the main reason that the gas skyrocketed in the last year, was because the supply of crude oil was extremely low, and the demand was very high. The rise in plane tickets was caused by the cost of petroleum rising.

Due to the gas price being so high, they can drive up the cost of shipping, electricity, transportation and agricultural. This is bad because 63% of families in america live paycheck to paycheck witch causes them to have a tight budget. I personally belive that gas is just another way for the government to make money. I think this because to make one gallon of gas it cost the company 40 cents on average. Last year (2021) there where 134.83 billion gallons of gas sold in america. If the gas company sold gas for 80 cent per gallon, that is still a 100 billion dollar year franchise. In my opinion i think that the price of gas could be sold cheaper, an for less of a profit, but at the same time i understand why gas could be expensive.

What do u think about the price of gas?

Do u think big oil companies could sell gas for cheaper?

Do u think oil compaines should have to sell gas at a certain price

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/personal-finance/how-to-save-money-on-gas/#:~:text=Why%20Are%20Gas%20Prices%20Still,gas%20prices%20upward%20this%20year.

https://www.aaronmchugh.com/what-goes-into-the-cost-of-a-gallon-of-gasoline/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think the price of gas is crazy high, or atleast it was in past months. I think big oil companies could sell gas for cheaper. The reason why it is so expensive is probably because biden shut down big oil companies. The few remaining companies can charge what they want due to lack of supply.

• I honestly think people should stop caring about the price of gas. You are going to need to buy it anyway, so why complain about the price of it? If you really care about getting "the cheapest price" for gas, just download a "gas price app" on the app store. 

• i personally think the price of gas is super bad and we should not have to pay 4 and a half dollars for diesel and 3 dollars for gas. i feel the big oil companys could sell their oil to gas companys so they could sell that gas for cheaper. 

• The price of gas is outrageous its almost doubled and today so many people are driving and need to get places its just kind of unfortunate. I think big oil compnaies could possibly sell for cheaper if they were able to get enough. I think gas should almsot be at a fair price and not go up or down so far.

• I think that the price of gas has increased but it is all a consequence of inflation. In my opinion big oil companies should sell gas for cheaper because they make a lot of money and can probably afford it. However, I understand that they have increased their prices because inflation has also affected them and not only small businesses.

• I think that inflation has been another reason for gas prices going up in the past years. While in this last year the prices have sky rocketed, which I believe is because of the supply and demand for gas. The supply and work force supplying the gas was shut down, this in turn made the demand higher because the supply went down.

• I could not agree more, i think that inflation has made a huge impact on not just gas price but everything. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker