The White House's response to the latest North Korean ballistic missile attack was referring to the North as a 'flagrant menace for far too long.' Trump stated, 'cannot imagine Russia is too pleased,' because the last test landed closer to Russian sea board than Japan. The Pentagon confirmed that the missile was launched at around 10:30 am Hawaii time. South Korea's Yonhap News Agency reported that ballistic traveled 435 miles. The White House confirmed that the U.S. will maintain their 'ironclad commitment' to stand by their allies against North Korea. They also added that the latest provocation should serve as a call for all nations to bring up sanctions against North Korea. 

Link to Article: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/14/white-house-north-korea-has-been-flagrant-menace-for-far-too-long.html

Questions:

How do you think Russia will react to this?

Do you think that North Korea is preparing for an all out nuclear war?

How do you think the U.S. is going to handle this issue?

My Opinion:

I'm certain that Putin or some other Russian representative will have strong words with Kim Jong Un. I know now that the U.S. has the upper hand against North Korea because North Korea doesn't have a functioning Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) that can reach the United States. We have hundreds of long range missiles that we could use against them. North Korea is striving to finally create an ICBM to turn the odds in their favor. Once they do this we will be in a "if you shoot me, I shoot you" situation with them like we were with the USSR during the Cold War.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think they will be really mad and glad that they have us as an Allie. I don't if they were but the US would let us know and prepare us for the worst before something bad would happen to us. I don't know how they will but I do know whatever they do will protect us.

• I think Russia will also destroy North Korea just like America would. It seems to me that North Korea is the annoying little friend your brother has that thinks he is your friend. You put up with him until he goes to far and you just deck him in the face. The more North Korea is "testing" and doing little thing to make others mad, the sooner they are going to get blown up. If I lived in North Korea, I would be trying to get out.

• Yes, it would be pretty nice if Russia could just go deck North Korea in the face for us. It sucks that they are too dumb to realize that by doing what they're doing they have no friends.

• I think Russia will fight back against North Korea. The U.S. likes to gang up against other countries so I feel like they will fight North Korea or do something to them. I don't think they are directly preparing for a nuclear war but I think it might happen anyway.

• It would be really cool if Russia could help us out and make North Korea realize they have no friends, maybe then they would have second thoughts.

• I think Russia will also destroy North Korea just like America would. It seems to me that North Korea is the annoying little friend your brother has that thinks he is your friend. You put up with him until he goes to far and you just deck him in the face. The more North Korea is "testing" and doing little thing to make others mad, the sooner they are going to get blown up. If I lived in North Korea, I would be trying to get out...

• Yes, it would be pretty nice if Russia could just go deck North Korea in the face for us. It sucks that they are too dumb to realize that by doing what they're doing they have no friends.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker