White-Collar Jobs Or Blue-Collar Jobs?

White-Collar Jobs Or Blue-Collar Jobs?

Well, mostly that's a personal preference on what kind of environment you want to work in. If you want to be in an office all day long and sit at a desk then the white-collar job is best for you. If you like to work outside and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty then the blue-collar job is for you. 

White-collar workers are those who work in offices doing non-manual work. These jobs include medical professionals, accountants… and many more. White-collar workers are the ones that will probably be the blue-collar workers' bosses. 

Blue-collar workers are those who perform manual labor jobs. These jobs can be Mechanics, truck drivers, construction workers, and lots more. Blue-collar workers are employees of white-collar workers. They will get their hand dirty to get the job done. 

Personally, I don't want to be cooped up inside all day I would have a blue-collar job. I would be a mechanic because my dad has taught me a lot about cars but I still have a lot to learn. 

Blue or White? 

What would you wear?

What job would you be interested in? 

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/wealth-management/120215/blue-collar-vs-white-collar-different-social-classes.asp 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that this is a personal preference and depends on what the person is interested in. I would be fine with either job, inside or outside. I think that both jobs can be successful and both are neccessary to keep up with demands. Personally, I wouldn't want to be in an office all day. 

• I would personally not want to be inside all day I would have to be outside getting my hands dirty. Being inside makes you feel like you are locked up and can't go anywhere and have to stay inside all 24,7.

• I get that I hate being inside all the time I go stir-crazy. I love being outside working on the race car or just hanging out. Yes, I am going to college but that doesn't mean I can't pick how I live my life. 

• I love the idea of being a nurse. But, I would also be a welder and love to work outside. I think that this really just depends on the person. It's all about your own opinion and what you love to do. It could even be how you were raised and what kind of community you grew up in. 

• I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this, since it totally depends on the person. Personally, I want a white collar job in the future, but that is just my preference. I think that you can be successful whether you work a blue collar or a white collar job.

• I think it all depends on the person and what type of work they want to do. I don't thing there is a "right" or "wrong" answer. Both are necessary to keep this world running the way it's supposed to. Depending on the type of person and how many hours they want to work/wages they want it could vary on which it "better".

• yes, exactly there is no right or wrong way to answer this question. It all depends on what you like and if you like being outside and getting your hands dirty then a blue-collar job is for you. If you don't wanna work outside and get dirty then a white-collar job is for you. 

•  I think it depends a lot on wages or salaries. For the right amount of money, I would work a blue-collar job, and for the right amount of money, I would also work a white-collar job. For a white-collar job I would probably wear some form of formal suit or outfit, and for a blue-collar job, something like jeans, boots, and an old shirt of some sort.

• I would be a white-collar environment because when I get older I want to be a teacher. Another reason is because I wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty but i'd prefer to work inside. Also if its really cold outside I couldn't handle the cold weather like some people do. I'd rather be in heat than the cold.

• I will be a blue color worker, I will be a welder, and I will most likely wear dark/navy blue. I think I would like being a blue colllar worker over a white collar, I don't like sitting at a desk all day. I find that boring, and I feel like I would be doing nothing with my life. Being a blue collar worker to me would give me a purpose in life 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker