White-Collar Jobs Or Blue-Collar Jobs?

White-Collar Jobs Or Blue-Collar Jobs?

Well, mostly that's a personal preference on what kind of environment you want to work in. If you want to be in an office all day long and sit at a desk then the white-collar job is best for you. If you like to work outside and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty then the blue-collar job is for you. 

White-collar workers are those who work in offices doing non-manual work. These jobs include medical professionals, accountants… and many more. White-collar workers are the ones that will probably be the blue-collar workers' bosses. 

Blue-collar workers are those who perform manual labor jobs. These jobs can be Mechanics, truck drivers, construction workers, and lots more. Blue-collar workers are employees of white-collar workers. They will get their hand dirty to get the job done. 

Personally, I don't want to be cooped up inside all day I would have a blue-collar job. I would be a mechanic because my dad has taught me a lot about cars but I still have a lot to learn. 

Blue or White? 

What would you wear?

What job would you be interested in? 

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/wealth-management/120215/blue-collar-vs-white-collar-different-social-classes.asp 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I wouldn't want to sit inside staring at a computer all day. We already do that here. I'd have a blue-collar job propbably as a criminal investigator. I'm curious and creative. Sitting at a desk is not for me. I like doing my work manually but if need be, I sometimes choose the easier option.

• Personally, I would rather have a blue collar job than a white collar job because I like doing manual work. I plan on going into a job in the agriculture field, but I do not exactly know what I will be doing. I could be happy with a white collar job as well if that is where my career takes me.

• I think I would be more interested in doing a white-collar job because I have never been taught how to do a more manual work like a farmer or a mechanical. I think a white-collar job is more like my type and even if it can get boring sometimes, I would rather work inside than outside all day.

• Personally, my dream is to be a clinical psychologist in San Diego, California. I am definitely more of a white-collar job kind of girl. I believe both jobs are equally as important, it is just up to the person to decide what they want to do. 

• That is a good dream for you I think it will be a good fit for you. You go and you do you I think you will do good in whatever you do. yes, they are equally important jobs. They are both used in our everyday life. 

• Blue collar  because I Like working outside and like to do the hard work nobody else wants to do .A career path for a blue colar job im look to go into is a pipe line welder  to be  pipe line welder you need to wear a nice hood ( welding helmet) and a nice pair of gloves if your scared of getting burnt.

• I personally would want to be involved in a white color job. I think that it definitely depends on the person and their hobbies though. I would choose to be inside and work in an office much more than outside. I could also see it being somewhat fun having a blue-collar job because you get to see so much more of the outside world and "explore" and little more than the jobs where you stay inside. 

• I agree I want to have a blue color job like farming because that's what I grew up doing and I rather not sit in an office all day. I would be interested in farming because that's what my dad has been teaching me and, that is all I have done my whole life.

• I would rather work inside that outside. I think it is just a personal decision that anyone can make. I just would not like being in construction or something like that like being a mechanic. I would rather be in a office inside or a job that is inside so I don't get that dirty.

• I think both jobs are fine, if someone wants to be inside all day then they will, and if they want to work outside then they will. It is a personal decision that everyone makes.  I would rather work inside somewhere over working out side all the time.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker