Which Is Better: Marvel or DC?

Marvel or DC? Reasons why people think DC is better are because it made the first superheroes, has better comics than Marvel, and has better supervillains. Some reasons why people think Marvel is better are because Marvel has relatable superheroes, better character development, and Marvel has more successful characters.

Some of the first popular superheroes were Superman and Wonder Woman and they were both from DC. Marvel may have amazing movies, but DC has better comics than Marvel. Marvel comes out with about 1-2 movies per year, but you can get great DC comics every month. DC villains sometimes get their own TV show or movies. Most DC villains are more memorable and iconic, like the Joker and Harley Quinn. Also, some of Marvel's super villains are just their superheroes but bad.  Marvel has relatable superheroes like Spider-Man. Spider-Man faces many problems that relate to school or family, like the death of his parents and uncle. Marvel focuses more on the character, unlike DC which focuses more on the plotline of the story. One of the character developments Marvel has is Loki. He first starts off as a villain, but he slowly turns into a superhero which gets him his own show. Lastly, Marvel has more successful characters. Marvel does a great job at marketing their character. DC really only focuses on Superman and Batman. Marvel took a risk on trying to make some characters known like Ms. Marvel or Moon Knight. DC seems like they don't want to take the risk of trying to make characters known. 

Personally, I like Marvel more than DC because Marvel movies are more interesting than DC movies Marvel's movies are also more humorous, which makes them easier to sit through. DC's characters are really overpowered, and Marvel's characters aren't that overpowered. Also, I have known Marvel longer than DC because of the Spiderman movies. Spiderman is probably one of the best-known superheroes ever.

Questions:

Do you think Marvel is better than DC?

Are any of your favorite movies from Marvel or DC?

Sources:

https://www.statcrunch.com/reports/view?reportid=44524&tab=preview

https://sharkscene.com/1182/features/a-classic-debate-marvel-vs-dc/

https://screenrant.com/reasons-why-marvel-is-better-than-dc-reddit/

https://screenrant.com/dc-better-than-marvel-reddit/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• You must have gottent this idea from your sister as she did this last year. It fine by the way as yours is your won. I would like to see a stronger opening paragraph going into the history of each a bit more. Overall, good job!

• I personally enjoy both franchises, but if I had to pick, I would choose Marvel. I think Marvel is better because of the movies. I like all of the Marvel movies, and I think that most of the DC movies are bad, like Green Lantern. However, I do like Batman.

• I agree, Batman was a great movie, but probably the only one DC is going to get. Like you mentioned, most of DC's movies are bad and Marvel's movies are really good and enjoyable. 

• When it comes down to the age old question of Marvel or DC you can't really define a "BETTER".  They both have qualities that can't really be compared to the other franchise.  Sure, some say that DC has better comics.  Marvel also has comics but all characters are different.  Each character has story arch and development which some say Marvel does better than DC. I do not have a certain preference on which franchise I am watching. whether it be spiderman swinging on webs and punching bad guys, or the Flash, slow-mo running whilst going supersonic.  Each character in any franchise is a protector in a way. They give hope. They may not be real, but they all do the basic function of showing good fighting evil. As for the other question, I have to agree with you Dixie, I like Spiderman, he's a pretty cool dude in any of his iderations.

• Yeah, both companies have great stuff but if we are talking about cinematic I definetely think Marvel is better than DC. It's just easier to grab the attention of people if it's humorous and not dark and mature. 

• Personally I really like both DC and Marvel they both have their strength and weeknesses and I think that both have a really good future ahead of them but i think I would side more with DC because of their moives even though they do not have as many as marvel does.

• I don't think I fully got interested in DC, mainly because it reminds me of other epidosdes or movies in DC no show is the same but is it really ever different either? I grew up on Marvel movies because of my father but no matter how young I was when I started wtaching I probabaly won't stop watching marvel I love the storylines and the events in the movies, I love the big movies that are like 2 hrs long. always make me emotionally involved in the movie and I don't feel that while watching DC

• I personally think that both are good. They both have different things that make them great, but I understand the major fans being devoted to one over the other. 

• I believe that Marvel is much better than DC. As a teenager, I can relate to many superheroes and what they have to go through on a day to day basis, (some things). I think marvel is much more creative than DC and has better comics. 

• Yeah, many teenagers relate to superheroes from Marvel, but not really that much DC. I also think that Marvel tries to give their characters some problems that people go through so that people can relate to their characters. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker