Which Is Better: Marvel or DC?

Marvel or DC? Reasons why people think DC is better are because it made the first superheroes, has better comics than Marvel, and has better supervillains. Some reasons why people think Marvel is better are because Marvel has relatable superheroes, better character development, and Marvel has more successful characters.

Some of the first popular superheroes were Superman and Wonder Woman and they were both from DC. Marvel may have amazing movies, but DC has better comics than Marvel. Marvel comes out with about 1-2 movies per year, but you can get great DC comics every month. DC villains sometimes get their own TV show or movies. Most DC villains are more memorable and iconic, like the Joker and Harley Quinn. Also, some of Marvel's super villains are just their superheroes but bad.  Marvel has relatable superheroes like Spider-Man. Spider-Man faces many problems that relate to school or family, like the death of his parents and uncle. Marvel focuses more on the character, unlike DC which focuses more on the plotline of the story. One of the character developments Marvel has is Loki. He first starts off as a villain, but he slowly turns into a superhero which gets him his own show. Lastly, Marvel has more successful characters. Marvel does a great job at marketing their character. DC really only focuses on Superman and Batman. Marvel took a risk on trying to make some characters known like Ms. Marvel or Moon Knight. DC seems like they don't want to take the risk of trying to make characters known. 

Personally, I like Marvel more than DC because Marvel movies are more interesting than DC movies Marvel's movies are also more humorous, which makes them easier to sit through. DC's characters are really overpowered, and Marvel's characters aren't that overpowered. Also, I have known Marvel longer than DC because of the Spiderman movies. Spiderman is probably one of the best-known superheroes ever.

Questions:

Do you think Marvel is better than DC?

Are any of your favorite movies from Marvel or DC?

Sources:

https://www.statcrunch.com/reports/view?reportid=44524&tab=preview

https://sharkscene.com/1182/features/a-classic-debate-marvel-vs-dc/

https://screenrant.com/reasons-why-marvel-is-better-than-dc-reddit/

https://screenrant.com/dc-better-than-marvel-reddit/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think I fully got interested in DC, mainly because it reminds me of other epidosdes or movies in DC no show is the same but is it really ever different either? I grew up on Marvel movies because of my father but no matter how young I was when I started wtaching I probabaly won't stop watching marvel I love the storylines and the events in the movies, I love the big movies that are like 2 hrs long. always make me emotionally involved in the movie and I don't feel that while watching DC

• Me too! I love the storylines and the events of most Marvel movies. It gets my attention and is overall really easy to get interested in. I also love how Marvel introduces new characters in movies or shows. 

• I never really watched DC and i mostly watched and read about marvel. so i think marvel is my favorite even though now i watch DC and like it but i like marvel more just because i have watched more movies and series about marvel such as the avengers.

• Yeah, I don't really watch DC but from what I have seen, DC isn't that good. DC is really boring and I can never seem to pay attention or get interested in the movies. 

• I think that Marvel is much better than DC. I think Marvel is more popular and talked about. Also, I think that Marval has more funding for the movies. I think that the Marvel movies are better than the DC films. Recently however, Marvel films have not been doing so hot. 

• I personally think that Marvel is better. They have better movies and also good production team and they have good plot line to the movies. I think that DC movies are ok some are bad but I think that there movies are mature.

• That is basically how I feel. Some of DC's movies are alright but some are really boring. I think DC's movies are mostly for adults because of how mature adults are. Marvel's movies aren't that serious and they are more humorous. 

• Personally, I think Marvel is better than DC. Marvel has a lot of better series and is more real-life like. They put a lot of time and money to make their movies or shows really good. Marvel has more humor and is more friendly to watch with your family. Therefore, I think marvel is better than DC.

• I agree, Marvel has more humor than DC. DC is really serious and not that life like. Everything really seems fake and not true, but with Marvel some things seem like they could be true or they could happen in real life. 

• Marvel is way better then dc. Marvel my not have as many series as dc however they put more money into the really good movies rather then kinda good series. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker