What is a better pet Cat or Dog

There is a lot of debate on what is the better pet cat or dog. There has been a lot of research done with this topic too. The research that I got says that more owners have dogs than cats. Is that because Dogs are easy to care for, or are dogs just in that area more. 

I think that dogs are a better pet. You do not have to worry about cleaning or changing cat litter, and they both need food/ water. I think that dogs are a better pet because you can throw a ball and most of the time the dog will bring it back unlike a cat. Also dogs are better pets because they can do a lot more tricks than cats can.

What pet do you think is better, cats or dogs?

Do you like any other pets other than cats and dogs or do you have any pets?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1044386/dog-and-cat-pet-population-worldwide/

https://www.thezebra.com/resources/research/pet-ownership-statistics/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I like both cats and dogs but if I had to choose one I would choose dogs. Right now I have a lot of dogs and no cats since almost everyone in my family is allergic to them. I like lots of other pets but if I could I would have a horse. The only pets we have are dogs and chickens. 

• I think that dogs are better than cats. I have only had a dog and not a cat so I am just used to dogs. I like dogs better because they can have lots of energy or they can relax with you as you are laying in bed or just on the couch watching TV. Just like humans would.

• I personally think that cats are a much better pet than dogs. They're typically smaller so they take up less space. They don't need as many toys to keep themselves entertained and you don't even have to go outside with them so they can use the bathroom. Unlike what some may saym my cat always runs towards me everytime I get home and doesn't leave my side until I go again. 

• Its all with in ur choice I personally like dogs better becaase cats are ugly and nobody wants a cat living with you, but yet agian thats my opnion I just thing their ugly and dumb, their just the biggest waste of space.

• I think dogs and cats are both great. there are some benefits for both of them. Like dogs are sometimes loud and obnoxious, and cats can be sassy and annoying but they are both great in their own ways. Dogs are loyal to their owners and cats are quiet and independent. 

• I agree and disagree with that. I feel like dogs do way more than cats do. Dogs can play fetch and run by you. they can do tricks like role over, lay down and so many more. dogs can also be used for home defence and hunting. That is why dogs are a better pet.

• The dog is clearly the superior pet. A dog is always happy and is exited for you to come home every day. You could come home super sad, but then you open the door and see your happy little friend wagging it's tail and ready to play, or sleep, whatever you want to do. They're just happy you are home. 

• I agree dogs are way better in almost every way. dogs can play fetch and run with you, lay by you and when you want it can leave you alone. dogs can also do so many tricks, like role over, shake and more. dogs can be used for hunting and for a bounus they can bark when someone is near your house. that is why dogs are the better pet.

• In my opinion, I think both animals are great pets, some people have a preference for dogs because they are "a man's best friend", they're active, they're cute, and many more reasons. But others prefer cats because they are lazy, easy to take care of, and a simple pet to have if you are a person that doesn't like a lot of responsibility. It all depends on your preference for animals.

• I think that dogs and cats are both good. I have six cats and five dogs although dogs are easier to take care of. Cats can be alone and be fine, dogs need human interaction cats don’t. On the other hand you do have to clean cat litter and dogs you can let outside. And I love all my animals.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker