Was Marilyn Monroe's death set up?

Norma Jean Baker, born on June 1st, 1926 Was born in LA. Her early childhood was very rough, her mother was often in an asylum. During that time, she has pushed around to 12 different foster parents and spent some time in the Orphanage, while there she was raped. Despite it being an awful beginning, this was one of her most stable times in life.

Norma married her first husband in 1942. They met in a Factory making airplanes. By the end of WWII, they had gotten a divorce. She became a popular photographer’s model and in 1946 signed a short-term contract with Twentieth Century-Fox,  taking as her screen name Marilyn Monroe. After a few brief appearances in movies made by the Fox and Columbia studios, she was again unemployed, and she returned to modeling for photographers. 

During the early 50s, Marilyn started getting small uncredited roles, but with every role, her fame started getting bigger and bigger. Eventually, In 1954 she married baseball star Joe DiMaggio, she ended their marriage less than a year later and she began to grow discontented with her career. She went and studied with Lee Strasberg at the Actors Studio in New York City, and in 1955-1956, she began to emerge as a talented comedian. In 1956 she married Arther Miller, and was in her last filmThe Misfits, Arther Miller wrote it specifically for Marilyn to be the lead, but midway through production, they got a divorce, in 1961.

Marilyn and JFK were first introduced in 1954 by Peter Lawford, JFK’s brother-in-law. There are only a select confirmed occasions when Marilyn and JFK were together. Between October 1961 and August 1962, the pair met 4 times, including when she sang Happy Birthday Mr. President. We don't know what happened behind closed doors.  But her relationship with Bobby Kennedy was much more intense, he promised her to divorce his wife in order to marry her, but she realized that he had no intention of marrying her. When she was dropped by 50th century Fox due to her being late, she called Bobby, He promised he would take care of everything when he did nothing, she called him again with threats to disclose their affair. In a letter from Ethel, JFK and Bobbys' sister, to Marilyn, it says, "We hear that you and Bobby are the new Item! You should come with him when he comes back East" 

Her Housekeeper, in 1983 stated "there was a moment where she put her head in her hands and said words to the effect of, 'Oh, why do I have to keep covering this up?' I said, 'Covering what up, Mrs. Monroe?' She said, 'Well, of course, Bobby Kennedy was there [on Aug. 4], and of course, there was an affair with Bobby Kennedy.'The Investigators never interviewed the Housekeeper

Before her death, she was planning on holding a press conference about both the Kennedys, releasing information that was never meant to reach the public ear.

She was pronounced dead on August 5th, 1962, of a "Probable Suicide" of a barbiturate Overdose. JFK was assassinated a little over a year later. 

Do you think the Kennedys had some sort of Play in her death? 

Why or Why not? 

Do you think the Kennedy brothers would have gone further if they needed to? 

Sources 

https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/usjusticematls/24/#:~:text=U.S.%20Department%20of%20Justice%20Publications%20and%20Materials&text=%2DRobert%20Kennedy%20had%20a%20romantic,no%20intention%20of%20marrying%20her.

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/bobby-kennedy-marilyn-monroe-affair-letter

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Marilyn-Monroe

https://people.com/politics/marilyn-monroe-affair-john-f-kennedy-robert-f-kennedy/

https://www.glamour.com/story/marilyn-monroe-love-life

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think Kennedy had a play in Marilyn's death. I think the main reason was cause Kennedy didn't want their affair to go public, it would have ruined his image and his marriage. I dont think her suicide was a true suicide and there was someone behind it. 

• I believe so too, he was so high up in a society that you wouldn't want an affair like that to go public. He was seen as a perfect person by most people. 

• I think it is possiable that the Kennedy brothers did play a part in her death but it is possiable to say that any person who has died. If someone died people could say that it could have been from someone how disliked them. I do not understand how peopel could justify killing someone but I know that some people could and would kill people so they might have gone further killing some or many people.

• That is true. Anyone could kill anyone and it could always go farther, unfortunately. We can't control what happens, nor can anyone else, unless they are the ones murdering someone, then they could control it, most of the time. Unless its an accident. 

• I do think that Kennedy had a play in Marilyn's death. I feel like Kennedy didn't want their affair to go public, it would have ruined his image as a president, and ruin his marriage. Her "suicide" was most likely not a suicide, and I feel like Kennedy's assassination was not a coincidence. 

• I don't think Kennedy's assignation was a coincidence either, he knew an awful lot being president, maybe he was shown something he wasn't supposed to see? 

• i think kennedy did have a play in marilyn monroes death. I think this because he was obvouisly jelsous of her and other relationship and wanted revenge. He was very famous and could get away with it easily. Marrilyn was a very nice, generous and loving person. I don't think she would ever take her own life, so this leads me to think that he did have something to do with her death.

• I definitely think he had a role in it too. She had such a horrible life before, that I think they did drugs because it wouldn't have been out of character 

• I think it could be a very real possibility that Marilyn was assassinated. JFK and his family were very powerful without the presidential title to their name, so they got away with it, but justice should be held for Marilyn because she was never given it.

• I agree, There have been many powerful people that have lots of money, especially the Clintons. If you look it up you can see how many of their bodyguards and people that were close to them that have died from "Suicide" or their murder could never be solved 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker