Was Marilyn Monroe's death set up?

Norma Jean Baker, born on June 1st, 1926 Was born in LA. Her early childhood was very rough, her mother was often in an asylum. During that time, she has pushed around to 12 different foster parents and spent some time in the Orphanage, while there she was raped. Despite it being an awful beginning, this was one of her most stable times in life.

Norma married her first husband in 1942. They met in a Factory making airplanes. By the end of WWII, they had gotten a divorce. She became a popular photographer’s model and in 1946 signed a short-term contract with Twentieth Century-Fox,  taking as her screen name Marilyn Monroe. After a few brief appearances in movies made by the Fox and Columbia studios, she was again unemployed, and she returned to modeling for photographers. 

During the early 50s, Marilyn started getting small uncredited roles, but with every role, her fame started getting bigger and bigger. Eventually, In 1954 she married baseball star Joe DiMaggio, she ended their marriage less than a year later and she began to grow discontented with her career. She went and studied with Lee Strasberg at the Actors Studio in New York City, and in 1955-1956, she began to emerge as a talented comedian. In 1956 she married Arther Miller, and was in her last filmThe Misfits, Arther Miller wrote it specifically for Marilyn to be the lead, but midway through production, they got a divorce, in 1961.

Marilyn and JFK were first introduced in 1954 by Peter Lawford, JFK’s brother-in-law. There are only a select confirmed occasions when Marilyn and JFK were together. Between October 1961 and August 1962, the pair met 4 times, including when she sang Happy Birthday Mr. President. We don't know what happened behind closed doors.  But her relationship with Bobby Kennedy was much more intense, he promised her to divorce his wife in order to marry her, but she realized that he had no intention of marrying her. When she was dropped by 50th century Fox due to her being late, she called Bobby, He promised he would take care of everything when he did nothing, she called him again with threats to disclose their affair. In a letter from Ethel, JFK and Bobbys' sister, to Marilyn, it says, "We hear that you and Bobby are the new Item! You should come with him when he comes back East" 

Her Housekeeper, in 1983 stated "there was a moment where she put her head in her hands and said words to the effect of, 'Oh, why do I have to keep covering this up?' I said, 'Covering what up, Mrs. Monroe?' She said, 'Well, of course, Bobby Kennedy was there [on Aug. 4], and of course, there was an affair with Bobby Kennedy.'The Investigators never interviewed the Housekeeper

Before her death, she was planning on holding a press conference about both the Kennedys, releasing information that was never meant to reach the public ear.

She was pronounced dead on August 5th, 1962, of a "Probable Suicide" of a barbiturate Overdose. JFK was assassinated a little over a year later. 

Do you think the Kennedys had some sort of Play in her death? 

Why or Why not? 

Do you think the Kennedy brothers would have gone further if they needed to? 

Sources 

https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/usjusticematls/24/#:~:text=U.S.%20Department%20of%20Justice%20Publications%20and%20Materials&text=%2DRobert%20Kennedy%20had%20a%20romantic,no%20intention%20of%20marrying%20her.

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/bobby-kennedy-marilyn-monroe-affair-letter

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Marilyn-Monroe

https://people.com/politics/marilyn-monroe-affair-john-f-kennedy-robert-f-kennedy/

https://www.glamour.com/story/marilyn-monroe-love-life

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I absolutely do not think it was setup for 2 reasons, if she did have classified documents that the government did not want out, I do belive they would have improsned her or done something to stop her, but not kill her, thats outragous, and also many people would cripple under that pressure, or maybe she saw something she couldn't handle and got so much anxiety and fear that she overdosed trying to forget what she saw.

• I don't believe that she had documents, but if they were on a call she could have heard something. While I see where you're coming from, I don't think she would have been crippled under that pressure. She had a rough childhood and life, so seeing a few things, I don't think, Would have bothered her. 

• I think that the Kennedys had something to do with her death. If she was going to hold a press conference, maybe they got mad about it and decided to finish with her. I believe that the Kennedy Brothers would have gone further if they needed to.

• I think so too, they have the money to do stuff. With Bobby being US Attorney General, and JFK being president. They easily could have hired someone to be a hitman. 

• I think it is possible they had something to do with their life, maybe she knew something about govnment and knew something about documents, I think the kennedy brothers would of went further if they had too.

• I agree, there is a bunch of evidence out there that proves that at least Bobby, had an affair with her. With the affair, she would have had to see something. There are some theories that say the Kennedy's were in Organized crime and she was also going to release this at the public conference 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker