Virtual Autopsy of King Tut

You have probably all heard of King Tut, he is one of the names you think of when you hear 'ancient Egypt'. But new news has just been released about more of the physical features of King Tut including how he may have died. A "virtual autopsy" performed by historians and scientists give us a clearer insight of the young Ruler's life. The recent virtual autopsy revealed that King Tut had a club foot and could not walk without the aid of a walking stick, which explains the large amount of walking sticks found inside the Tut tomb. It was recently thought that the 19 year old King had died in a chariot accident but scientists have ruled that out due to him having a club foot. It was previously known that he was born with diseases and disabilities but scientists have found the source may have been due to imbreeding (parents were brother and sister). 

What do you think about King Tut's parents being Brother and Sister?

What did you know about King Tut before reading the article?

King Tut Virtual Autopsy Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job!

• I think that it's weird his parents being brother and sister and can cause effects on the child. I knew he was a ruler in Egypt.

• That is all that I knew as well about him and I think it was weird that his parents were brother and sister. 

• I think that back then in those times no one really cared who the father and mother was as long as the parents got to choose but I do not support of that at all now a days. I knew that he was a teenage ruler of Egypt and that they thought the reason he died was some curse was put on his relatives that would kill then before the age of 20. 

• I never heard of the curse. I heard that they suspected he died in a chariot accident, but never heard about a curse. 

• I think it is unique that his brother and sister were his parents. If they were only a bit older than him, they probably were not always the best help. All I knew is he lived in Egypt and we talked about him last year in history. 

• Thats about all I knew about him too. 

• Well, its interesting, wrong but interesting. And i knew everything except the cause of his death.

• Its good that you knew a lot about him, not many people do. And it is very wrong, maybe not as bad then as it is now, but very wrong. 

• I think back then it might have seemed alright to them but I don't understand how they could ever think that's ok.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker