villisca axe murder

Wisconsin man injured in stabbing at Villisca Axe Murder House | Local News  | nonpareilonline.com The Vlillisca axe murder happended on June 9th 1912 in Villisca, Iowa. The Moore family and two friends of the daughter was just having a normal night, until they went to bed. The history behind this is that 8 people got killed with a axe and the murder got away. The axe belonged to their next door neighbor. They found the axe in the room that the guest were staying in. The cops had 7 suspects on who did it but they never found out who did it. 

Some of the theories are that the murder or murders stayed in the attic until everyone went to bed. It is surprising this happened 100 years ago and it is still famous. The murder hit everyone in the back of the  head crushing their skulls and killing them instantly. He/she also messed up their faces so the couldn't be reconized. Later the murder filled a bowl up with water and washed their bloody hands in it. The bodies were found after 7 hours.

The murder house is now a famous tourist spot. You can go into the house and explore the story for yourself. If you want to you can also spend the night in the house and sleep in the beds of the people who were killed.If you go tour the house the people who own it take you to the cemetary and take you to the graves of the family and the 2 friends. My uncle Tim lived a block away from the house but at the time he lived their it was not as famous as it is now. 

Would you be scared to live close to the house?

Do you agree the person who did this is messed up?

Would you go tour the house?

Would you spend the night at the house?

Unearthing the Villisca Axe Murders | The Haunted Places- the victums of the murder

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great topic choice Mariah(+5)! Good summary as well! Be sure to reply more frequently-three comments per page.

• I think that I would not have a problem with living close to the house. It was 100 years ago so the murderer is already dead. I do not know if I would visit the house. Not because I am scared, but I think that it is kinda disrespectful when 100s of people go through your house and sleep in your bed becauswe they thnk that your death is interesting. I would be curious tho. 

• I would try not to think about what happened at that house if I was to live close by. I definitely think the person that did this had to of had something wrong with them. I would maybe tour the house if I had the chance, but I never would stay the night at it.

• I have driven by the house but I've never been inside. I wouldn't have a problem with living by the house. I think it would be cool to tour the house with a couple of friends. But even with friends I don't think I would spend the night in the house. I think that's a little too much. 

• I think it would be cool to live next to this house but yet scary knowing 8 people were murdered there. It is messed up that the person killed them. Honestly I want to go there with some of my friends and just learn more about it in general.

• I feel like it would be scary to visit that place because of what happened there. I think whoever did this was messed up to kill that many people. I would definetly no go visit and spend the night in the house.

• I believe that it could be scary to live there after what happened or sometime after the incident that happened, but I think that living around there today would be fine because nothing has happened for some time. I find this story very interesting, and I plan on visiting one day.

• I would not be scared. I have always looked into this case and found it very intresting. I think this is beyond messed up and creepy. I would love to stay the night in this house

• I think it would be scary to live around there but I think it would be dope to tour the house of the murders. I think the person who did this had some serious mental issues and they need to be medicated. I like scary things and I would love to stay in the house and see how creepy it is.

• I wouldn't mind living near the house. I've always been very interested in this case and I would tour the house. The killer is demented for doing this to a family and the 2 friends. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker