Vaccinating Pigs

Why has vaccinating pigs been such a rude awakening for people who do not believe in killing animals? Not only have people complained about hog/pig work, they have talked about cattle ranchers as well. Not just the point that the animals that are used for meat and drinks, the point the people are trying to get at is why, why must people do this to “poor animals”. 

The reasoning for the pigs being vaccinated is they are needed to have the right health in order to be healthy and strong. Not just that but, I'm talking they need to be at full potential so when they get older they can easily be strong, healthy and made for food. Yes, vaccinating pigs might sound awful to people that do not believe in hurting and using animals, but they do not understand how tough it is to get in a pin and vaccinate the pigs.

Although with all things said, the work must be done no matter what people agree on and disagree on. We can not make the world happy with all the choices we make, but we can make the world happy with the meat we produce. Yes it is a dirty job to vaccinate the pigs but if it wasn’t for the vaccination there would be no healthy pork to eat.

Do you eat Pork?

Do you agree on vaccinations?

How do you feel about this topic?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7348622/#:~:text=Vaccinate%20piglets%20at%203%20and,Withdrawal%20time%2021%20days.&text=Vaccinate%20with%202%20doses%2C%203%E2%80%935%20weeks%20apart%20with%20the,Revaccinate%20annually%20before%20breeding.

https://www.bi-vetmedica.com/species/swine/industry_support/show_pig/learn/vaccination_timinginsmallpigsandsows.html

https://www.canr.msu.edu/resources/vaccination-strategies-for-pigs-raised-on-small-farms

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Personally, I eat pork, and I believe that farm animals, not just pigs, should be vaccinated. I feel this way because it is much better for the animals' health, and for the people eating the meat. Having animals catch sickness, and having unhealthy meat would be bad for all parties, so they should be vaccinated.

• I also eat pork as well as you. I it is true, if the pigs do not get vaccinatied they will catch a sickness and die or stay unhealthy and be a waste of your money food and time until it funs out of lifetime.

• I eat pork, and I think that pigs and other farm animals for that matter should be vaccinate, for the sake of their health, and the people eating them. Overall, it really just contains diseases, and makes more pork avalible for people to sell and consume.

• I completeley agree with you, and I do like how you mention that all farm animals should be vaccinated for the sake of their health. It is completly true that they need to be vaccinated for their sake of health.

• I think that they should be vaccinated. They might have a disease that can hurt other pigs. Many farm owners vaccinate their cows so the cows don't get other cows or calves sick. So, yes I think we should vaccinate pigs. 

• I think that pigs and other farm animals should be vaccinated because it can stop the spread of dieseases. This will make meats more avalable since there will be more animals that are not sick or turned away.

•  I belive that pigs and other species should be vaccinated if they are sick or to prevent them from getting sick. On our cows we vaccinate them so they don't get sick and so that they don't get the calves sick. In my opion it is important to vaccinate your animals as if they were humans.

• i agree with you, where I work we vaccinate all out pigs to make them to their full potenial so they can stay healthy and be sold and killed for good prok and not sick pork that can kill many people if sereved.

• I personally believe that pigs and other species should be vaccinated if they are sick or to prevent them from being sick. Around my farm, we vaccinate my show pigs to prevent worms or to help make them get back to normal if they are sick. This topic needs to be talked about more around the world due to so many allegations in the pork industry. In my family, we eat a lot of pork and beef. 

• I agree, pigs have many disese on them wehen they get transported to our farm, so many that we are forced to vaccinate them otherwise they will die or grow up to be wastefull and not healthy what so ever.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker