Tutor Charged with Child Abuse

25-year old Timothy Randall Korr, was a tutor for the Baltimore Curriculum Project, and working at City Springs Elementary School.  He has been fired and arrested for the child abuse of 7-year- old, Trayvon Grayson.  After Trayvon was removed from the class for misbehaving and was thrown against the wall for acting unruly.  He was left with a fractured jaw and two missing teeth.  Korr told said that Trayvon lost his footing and "hit himself" against the wall, but his mother is not buying that story.  She said that he is so small how could he cause that much damage to himself.  The school has provided evidence to the police with a video of the incident.  Korr has been charged with first- and second- degree child abuse, first- and second- degree assault, reckless endangerment and neglect of a minor.

Trayvon Grayson, 7, after the incident.

Trayvon Grayson, after the incident 

Do you agree with the mother that Trayvon is to small to have caused so much damage to himself? Why?

What do you think made Korr push Trayvon into a wall? 

I have to agree with the mother that it is not possible to fall into a wall and cause so much damage.  It takes some force to get a fractured jaw and two missing teeth, and I don't think that happened from just losing your footing.  I think that he might have a really bad temper that he can't control.  So he shouldn't have been a teacher working with troubled students in the first place.  

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I have to agree with you that a seven year old could hurt himself that much.  He should not have took his anger out on Trayvon if he could not control his temper. 

• I agree that he is too small to have done this damage to himself because it's not possible to fall into a wall and hurt yourself that bad. I think he must have a really bad temper or something.

• Yes I do think that his mother was right. There is no way a 7 year old could throw himself against a wall with enough force to do the damage that had been done. I think he broke. His behavior had been getting on his nerves and he broke causing his anger to get out of control. 

• I agree with you that Korr just could have snapped and lost all control of his nerves, but that still not give a reason for him to take it out on Trayvon. 

• I agree with the mother because if Trayvon did accidentally stumble into a wall, then there definitely would not be as much damage. But since someone push him into a wall, that would have caused more damage. Maybe it had something to do with there different races or maybe Trayvon did something to Korr that made him react in an angry way.

• I don't believe a 7-year old could've "lost his balance and hit himself". The only way I would believe that load of malarkey is if he was running full force into a wall. I think Korr did push Trayvon into a wall. I'm so disgusted with the human race. I don't understand how people can think this is okay.

• I agree with you that maybe he could have hurt himself if he was running full force into the wall and not just lose his footing.

• I agree. He is like 60 lbs.. I think that he is definitely too small to be able to do all of that damage. I takes so much force in order to loose teeth and fracture a jaw. I think that Korr was frustrated that he wasn't listening and behaving. He didn't know how to handle it otherwise. 

• I agree with the mother when she said that Trayvon is too small to have caused this much damage to himself. Like you said, it would be pretty difficult to fracture your own jaw and lose teeth, even if you just fell on accident. I believe that Korr just had a very short temper and that Trayvon may have said or did something to cause his temper to flare up.  Nonetheless, this man should not be tutoring young children if he doesn't know how to properly deal with them. I believe that children should have to respect their elders, but physically abusing Trayvon to this extent was completely unnecessary. 

• I agree with you that children need to respect their elders more but that does not give the right to Korr to abuse Trayvon.  I also agree with you that he shouldn't have been tutoring children if he can't handle his temper. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker