"Trump"ing the queen

In the presidential debate Donald trump called a former miss universe "miss piggy" and "miss housekeeper" because she is Hispanic.Alicia Machado just became a U.S. citizen and planned to vote in November.

A while back in an interview with inside edition Machado claimed that trump publicly called her an eating machine while he was on "The Howard show". Trump said that she needed to lose weight and he even brought her to a gym with a media crew.

In an interview with FOX early Tuesday, he told them that she was the worst they have never had. "she gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem" said trump. He also added that Clinton campaign "found the girl and talked about her like she was mother Theresa."

Image result for alicia machado miss universe 1996

questions

* What are your thoughts on this?

* Do you think Clinton is just standing behind Machado for her vote?

I think that Clinton is just being nice for the vote but i think Trump shouldn't go out talking like that and that he should think about what he said because it might ruin his campaign.

for more

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic Grace but be sure to comment more frequently and on three different days.

• I saw this get brought up in the debate and Trump said he did not say that stuff but I don't know. I also read that Alicia Machado threatened to kill a judge after the judge charged her boyfriend so I don't don't think she is as perfect as everybody thinks she is. I think Clinton is just standing behind hers she can try to get other Latino votes.

• I think Trump has no filter and was rude for saying this. I also think that Clinton is not just standing behind her for her vote, she may genuinely like the woman, we don't know.

• I feel like Trump was a little rude, he has no right to call her the names he did. Everyone is beautiful in there own way, in my opinion, Trump is getting really mean and nasty to woman. She could be, but she does have a right to tell the world about what hes done. Woman arent really treated that equally the way it is now, and shes wanting to have people wondering if they want him as a president. 

• I do think that it was rude for Trump to say this, but I believe that Trump says whatever he wants, regardless of what others think. On the other hand, I think that Clinton says only what the people want to hear, so she may just be standing behind her for her vote and the votes of her fans. 

• I think that if this is truly real that its pretty rude for Trump to say this. Not only does it insult her but it insults girls all over the world who look up to the girl. Yes I do believe Clinton has a way of saying what ever you want to hear to get a vote out of it and that seems to be working for her!

• I think that this is awful. It doesn't matter if she gained 40-50 pounds. They don't vote you Miss Universe based off your weight. I think that it's just cruel to make someone go to a gym and get forced to be recorded it's not right. Lot's of girls already have self confidence issues and I saw a video online that said she had eat disorders for years after he did this. I don't know if Clinton is just standing behind her for a vote but I hope it's just because she believes in women's rights. I think that one vote won't make a difference for Hillary, but it might make Trump loose voters (which since the elections so close could work to Hillary's advantage). I think he needs to start watching what he says in front of audiences though. #VoteNobody 

• This doesn't change my opinion on Trump at all. I think it wasn't a very nice or respectful thing to say but it isn't going to hurt him in the long run. I think Hilary has enough problems and doesn't need to be in any part of this matter. At this point Hilary is losing votes fast and will support anybody for a vote.

• It honestly doesn't bother me it doesn't change my opinion on trump, I am all for trump. I mean it wasn't nice to say, but Clinton has done much worse than trump has ever done. I think Clinton is just saying this to get a vote she doesn't really care about this she is just using this a political advantage.

• I think this is just more proof as to why Trump shouldn't be elected. He's openly disrespectful towards women and has no filter when speaking. I don't think Clinton is standing behind her just for the vote, but more for the women's rights/equality aspect of her campaign. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker