Back in September Toys ‘R’ Us filed for bankruptcy will they announced on Wednesday March 14th that they are closing all store in the US and the UK. 31,000 US employees are now jobless. They still get a 60 days pay leave which is required by law, but some employees are expected to keep working until the end. Toys ‘R’ Us employees can easily find a new job though because of how low the unemployment rate is, and how stores are trying to find workers.

Are you sad Toys ‘R’ Us is closing?

Yes and no because I mean i’m sad it's closing, but i never really did go there because sometimes the prices were expenses.

How would you feel if you were an Toys 'R' Us employee and you found out that you have to find a new job now?

I would be a little mad at first but then I would move on because its the way of life 

LINK

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Your summary is a bit broef overall and I also feel like you could have commented a few more times.

• Yes and no because I like shoping there for my Neice but i can't but im also not sad because Prices were high it's better to just too go too wal-mart. I would be mad beause you should give at least 2 week advance. 

• I agree with you the prices were too high and they expected people to buy their toys when they can just go somewhere else and buy the same toy for a cheeper price. Toys 'R' Us tried to blame it on Amazon because Amazon is cheeper and you can do it online.

• Not really because its more for kids and I dont shop there. If I was an employee I would proabbly not stress too much over it, its not like a dream job but I would go on with life and simply find a new job.

• 1. Yes and no because it is just a happy place to be because there are so many toys but also no because I am at the age where I don't play with toys anymore so it does not affect me, as for the younger children it might affect them because toys are losing their role in kids lives. Everything is automatic and online

2. I would be mad because I was getting my paycheck and now I have to hurry and find a new job or else I go broke but also I feel like I would be fine with it because it doesn't seem like a fun job to have.

• I agree with the whole kids not wanting toys anymore because of technology / becoming automatic, and its really sad because Toys 'R' Us was a happy store to go to and I really wanted to take my niece there one day but now can't. 

• No because I never went there and kids can get toys from other stores too. They also did have many expensive prices. I would be mad if I was an employee because then you have to find a whole new job which would be frustrating. 

• I don't know if I'm sad, I had a lot of memories in the stores, and it was my favorite place, but there are many other stores that kids can go to. I would be frusterated, but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, you can find a new job and have a fresh start.

• I guess I'm not as sad as I was as first found out it was closing because it has been around for so long, but your right there are many other stores that they can go to that will be way cheeper than what Toys 'R' Us was.

• Personally, I never continuously shopped at Toys 'R' Us, but going into the store as a child was super cool to walk in and only ever see toys. I think that it is a super cool experience that nowadays kids don't get to experience as often, seeing only toys. At the same time, I feel as if they were super expensive, and that it was only a matter of time before they shut down. If I was an employee at Toys 'R' Us, I think I would just roll with the punch. Losing your job is a part of life that many people have to deal with, and I think that I would try to turn it into a positive experience and look for another job.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker