Toddler shot himself, mother gets probation

In Dubuque, Iowa a mother and father weren't watching what their child was doing, allowing him to get hold of a .45-caliber. As he was playing with it the gun went off and the bullet went through his right cheek out his left jaw before entering the shoulder and exiting the back. When police arrived on the scene they say that there were many people inside the home including other children. Police say that he is in stable conditions at the hospital. 

What do you think would have happened if one of the other kids got ahold of the gun? 

What would have happened to the parents if the boy had died? 

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• They probably would have done the same thing. I think they would have been charged for reckless endangerment and gone to jail.

• I think that It could have gotten worse and more kids could have been shot, or parents. I think either way they should get child endangerment because they weren't watching their kids and guns should be locked up 

• They defiantly should be charged with child endangerment. They should have gone to jail they put multiple lives in danger including their own. If the other children got it then they might have shot themselves or others. 

• They would have shot themselves as well. I think that if he would have died, the parents would have been distraught. On top of that, they would have been charged and possibly have some jail time.  

• I agree the other kids would have either shot themselves or others around them thinking it's a game. The parents would have to live with the fact that their kid died in their watch and they would most defiantly serve jail time 

• They would probably shoot the gun. The parents would probably be charged with something

• If one of the other kids had gotten a hold of the gun, who knows what would have happened. Either the child would have accidentally hurt themselves or another child. I believe the parents would have gotten in trouble for not watching the child and for not safely concealing their weapons in the house. 

• I think you're right if another kid got a hold of the gun something bad would have happened and they parents would have probably went to jail for letting their kids play with a loaded gun.

• I think the parents would be in even more trouble if another child got a hold of it. The parents would defiantly have to live with that for the rest of there lives and go to jail if he had died.

• They would have been charged with neglect. I believe that they wold have went to jail if he died, and if another kid got a hold of it a lot of stuff would have went down 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker