To Close for Comfort.

Tuesday, August 19th in the international airspace 135 miles east of the Chinese island Hainan, a Chinese fighter jet made three "unprofessional" and "dangerous" on a U.S. Navy plane. At one point the Chinese jet was with in 20 feet of the U.S. aircraft. This is not the first time this incident has occurred either, just days earlier another Chinese fighter jet passed the U.S's P-8 Poseiden  at a 90 degree angle. The belly of the fighter jet was facing the Poseiden, therefore flashing or showing off its weapons.

What do you think the Chinese are trying to say? Why do you think they are flying so close?

CNN

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree Kaleb we owe a lot of debt to China so I'm guessing they want there money.

• I think that they are trying to be threatening, but not enough to start another war. They are flying so close because they want to prove that they are not afraid of anyone.

• It seems to be that the chinese pilots are trying to be threatening, but not in a serious way. Maybe they are just showing off their toys.

• I agree, I don't think they are looking to start world war III

• Two possibilities exist. The Chinese are making preemptive threats to start a third world war, and it will only end in nuclear bombardment, and humanity as we know it will be reduced to broken and irradiated mutants, beings of the night that fear the light of day.

Or the jet pilots are getting a little ballsy while slightly buzzed. 

Occum or Arkham, choose what you believe. I think Option number 2. (Option 1, entertaining the thought may be, doesn't seem all that likely.)

• I don't think they want to start world war III because no one would come out on top. But good theory

• I don't either, I threw it in as a joke.

• ok

• Possibly the Chinese could be angry from all the debt the United States owes them, and they gave a warning to the U.S they are angry.

• That's a high possibility 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker