The Yankees Surprise a man

For three years now, Frank Squeo has been surprising kids that have life-threatening diseases. The name of the organization is "Baking Memories 4 Kids." Volunteers bake and sell chocolate chip cookies, and the money goes towards a vacation in Florida for the children. Last week when Frank entered the kitchen, New York Yankees players surprised him. They were there to honor all the work his organization has done for children. Alex Rodriguez, a Yankees player, said that Frank was very surprised, and thinks he is the one of the biggest fans that he has ever met. 

It was very nice  for Yankees players to come visit Frank and honor him for all the work he has done. I think what Frank is doing  for the children is very kind. It helps let the children go and experience a little bit more of the world rather than always being stuck in the hospital. Parents pay lots of money for their kids medical bills, so they often would not have the money to take them on a vacation, but with Frank's organization, it allows them to. 

Questions: What do you think about the Yankees coming to visit Frank? How do you think think Frank felt after the Yankees came to visit him?

To read more about more about the story click here.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• What a great person Frank Squeo is! He does everything to make children happy and to give them a few days off from hospitals or visits at the doctors, so he should be supported more. It's also great that the Yankees came to visit him, and by doing that Frank's organization gets more attention, which can lead to more donations and that to more money to make more kids happy. Well done Yankees! And Frank of course too!

• He really is a great person! Yes, hopefully the Yankees visiting him brings more attention to what he is doing! 

• I think it's really cool that the Yankees came to visit him. What he's doing is such awesome and I'm sure it really makes a difference in those kid's lives. If I was Frank I would've been ecstatic when I saw them in the kitchen.  

• I also think it is really cool! He really is doing such and awesome thing, and really does make a difference.

• I THINK  it is great that the Yankees came and visited him and then in keep thinking that its somewhat not fair that not everyone can get to use that organization and there is a lot of children that have to stay in the hospital. also there is adults that have to be hospitalized and can go anywhere they should be able to go on a vacation too! but on the question i think its is great that he can give that to children. frank was probably really happy that he got to experience that.

• I think that it is great that they visited him too. Sure, some kids are not able to leave because of their extreme conditions. I still think many children are able to go, and it is super cool for them. 

• I think its a good idea that they do that and makes people maybe do that and go raise money for them and i think he felt really happy about it and excited to see a famous Yankees player.

• I think it was a great idea also, and it is a good way to raise money. I bet he felt super excited too!

• If I was Frank, I'd be very pleased to be recognized for my work. But I'm sure that isn't the only reason Frank does what he does. This organization has probably made many kids happy and will continue to do so. This surprise should motivate Frank to keep it going forever.

• I think that that is really nice of the Yankees to do that to Frank. I think that Frank was really shocked to see the Yankees come visit him, I bet that Frank felt like the happiest man on the planet.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker