The Yankees Surprise a man

For three years now, Frank Squeo has been surprising kids that have life-threatening diseases. The name of the organization is "Baking Memories 4 Kids." Volunteers bake and sell chocolate chip cookies, and the money goes towards a vacation in Florida for the children. Last week when Frank entered the kitchen, New York Yankees players surprised him. They were there to honor all the work his organization has done for children. Alex Rodriguez, a Yankees player, said that Frank was very surprised, and thinks he is the one of the biggest fans that he has ever met. 

It was very nice  for Yankees players to come visit Frank and honor him for all the work he has done. I think what Frank is doing  for the children is very kind. It helps let the children go and experience a little bit more of the world rather than always being stuck in the hospital. Parents pay lots of money for their kids medical bills, so they often would not have the money to take them on a vacation, but with Frank's organization, it allows them to. 

Questions: What do you think about the Yankees coming to visit Frank? How do you think think Frank felt after the Yankees came to visit him?

To read more about more about the story click here.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great job Lexie! Good stories!

• I feel like it was extremely nice of them to do and it probably made his life for say instead of day, because being cooped up in the hospital it probably made it seem like it wasn't so bad. 

• I myself am a Yankees fan so ready this made me like them even more. What Frank is doing for these kids, he does not have to do, he is choosing to do, and that should be an inspiration to all. We need more people like that in the world today. Even though he was doing it for nothing, I am glad that Frank got a surprise right back because he deserves it. 

• It's cool the team found some time during the season to relax, but instead of just staying home and driving around their million dollar cars, they took the time to go reward someone who helps others and doesn't expect to get a reward.

• Yes, I think it is super cool that they took time to do this! It was very kind of them. 

• That's so nice of them! I especially like how Frank as doing all of this without any knowledge that there would be a "reward" for it in the end. Most people would do something nice if they knew they could meet some of the Yankees players but this job would take a lot of time and heart and I'm sure Frank genuinely enjoys it. I bet it's nice for him to know that people realize his efforts and want to thank him for them.

• It is very nice of them! Yes, it is very cool that he is doing all of this without knowing he would be rewarded for what he is doing. I bet he feels really good about what he is doing!

• I think the Yankees obviously were very impressed and appreciative for what he is doing, it's an amazing and great thing for someone to do. I think Frank probably felt really happy and he deserved it because of all that he has sacrificed to help others that aren't as lucky as the rest of us. 

• He was probably overjoyed its a great feeling to be rewarded for an act you did out of the kindness of your heart. this is an awesome story good job and i think frank is really thankful for the yankees.

• Yes, it is a great feeling to be recognized for something that you do out of the kindness of your heart. It is a good story, and I bet he is too!

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker