The Ten Commandments and the Devil?

On Friday the 24th in the morning, a man drove his car into the the ten commandment statue at the oklahoma state capitol. after he was taken into custody he told authorities that the devil made him do it. The statue broke in the 2nd commandment "Thou shalt not take the Name of the Lord thy God in vain." some time before that he had walked into the federal building and made threats about obama and the federal government. He also told agent that he was mentally ill and had stopped taking his medication. other organizations have also made threat, to try to get them to remove the statue.

Why do you think that he said god made him do that and why wasn't he in a hospital if he was mental?

Man says devil made him do it; 10 Commandments smashed

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job overall but be sure to capitalize when you should.

• He only said that so he could be deemed mentally Ill so that that they would be easier on him, it is highly unlikely he is telling the truth.
  • I don't think that he did it because of his said reasonings. I think that he should be put into a mental hospital or jail if he is found to truthfully be mentally ill and if not should be charged or still serve jail time because everything could be a possible lie.

• I believe your right he should either be put into a mental hospital,or a special jail for the insane
  • He obviously has some sort of mental illness and is not taking his medication, which can apparently lead people to do crazy things. After what happened he should be put back in a hospital for sure. 

• *He said the Devil made him do it* and I think he did that just so that he could try to plead insanity if there are any charges filed against him and not all mentally ill people go to a hospital to live. There are plenty of people that I know that are mentally ill don't live in an institution or a mental hospital. 

• I think he is crazy and was way far gone. Some people that stop taking their medication or taking drugs they go to religion to think that can help them through. I don't think the devil told him to do it. If he was mental he could of thought he had voices in his head telling him what to do.

• He is crazy. He has to have a mental illness, I do not think the devil told him to.  I don't know why he was out, but he needs to go back in. 

• i think he was just crazy and that he might have ran out of pills and his hospital didnt know that and he was sick and needs to checked out and put in a mental hospital 

• I think he is just mentally ill and he needs to be in the hospital right now to get evaluated.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker