The Future of Super Bowls

Last year's Super Bowl was viewed by over 114.5 million people and eventually 120.8 million people watched it for the last few minutes of the game. Last year's game was the most viewed television program in the history for the United States. There were many advertisements last year that cost companies over $4.3 million for just a 30 second commercial, but there seems to be a problem for the Super Bowls and years to come. Statistics have shown that fewer and fewer children and teens are not playing football anymore. Some parents are not allowing their child to play football because they think that it is an extremely violent sport and that there are not enough safety rules in the game. Football is not the only sport that children have stopped playing. According to stats, about 4.3% of kids stop playing baseball every year and 6.8% of kids stop playing basketball every year, but football is in the lead for having about 30% of kids quit football every year! 

Doctors and many others are still trying to push for better safety regulations and better helmets for athletes in football. Some of the NFL coaches were even interviewed about the subject and some told reporters that they believe that the risk is not always worth the reward and hope that all athletes of all sports play safe and smart games. 

Read the full Story HERE

Questions:

1) Would you ever let your kid play football?

2) Do think that football has become too violent for kids to play?

My Opinion:

I would let my child play football because they may enjoy being about to get physical with people. I think that people need to remember that football was not meant to be a sport where nobody got hurt. I agree that they can still improve upon the safety regulations, but I don't want kids to quit playing football because I enjoy watching college and Pro football!

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes, I believe that it's their choice if they don't want to play I won't force them, but I will tell them if they want to play that be sure to follow all the rules and safety precautions their are. NOPE.

• I agree with you that playing a sport should be that child's decision and if they don't want to play, you can't force them to do it. I think that football is a pretty physical sport but I think that it can expose kids to physical people and they have to learn that not everyone is nice in the real world. 

• I would let my child play football if they wanted to. I do think football has become violent. I think that there should be more padding inside the helmets or even padding outside of the helmets. 

• I think that football can be really physical at times but I also think that it exposes kids to physical people which can help them prepare for the real world. 

• I would let my kid play football. People act like nobody is going to get hurt, there are helmets and all the other apparel that you have to wear. You have a change of getting hurt doing anything. 

• I think that the safety rules that they have now are great, but I don't know how they can make the same any more safe without taking some of the fun out of it. 

• I think that you should let a kid play if they want. People are always coming up with new safety equipment to help the kids stay safe.

• I would definitely let my kid play football. Football is so much fun to watch and I would never tell my kid they can't participate in something that they want to. Football has become more and more violent but they are wearing special padding and most kids follow the rules of how to play instead of getting nasty about it. 

• I too want my kid to play football because I think that it would be a great experience for them. I think that being pushed around in sports is something that kids need to be exposed to because sometimes people can get physical in the real world and they need to know how to react. 

• I would let my child play football if that is something that they are interested in. If not oh well. Im not going to force them to play. Football is not becoming too violent. How can it with all these new rules and regulations. Not to mention they have all this safety gear. Every year their is new rules and regulations and new safety gear. So If a child is seriously interested in playing football why hold them back because you never know what type of potential they have. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker