The Brodie Makes History

Sunday, in Denver, Colorado history was made. Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder put his name in the record books as the triple-double king tallying his 42nd of the season. Westbrook has came under fire when NBA fans started speculating he was putting up stats specifically for triple-doubles and that his teammates help get him into double digit rebounds, not to win games. Russell Westbrook broke the triple-double record which stood for 55 years, held by Oscar Robertson.

Link: http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/russell-westbrook-triple-double-oscar-robertson-record-broken/vgj4f23f3hx913w3xvybz8xtg

Questions: 

1) Do you think that the fans have a point that he didn't earn his triple double record like Oscar Robertson?

2) If Russell Westbrook would have been stuck at 41 triple-doubles do you think he would still be happy only tying the record and not breaking it?

My Answers:

1) I think that fans should just sit back and relax when the Oklahoma City Thunder are on and appreciate what Russell Westbrook brings to the table.

2) As a competitor I do not think he could be happy with only tying the record knowing he got so close to having it just be his name and his record.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job overall! Be sure to hyperlink correctly and also comment on three different days.

• No because he did earn it. When KD left because he wanted to chase rings, Russell took over the team and had an amazing season so he very much earned it. I think he would be happy either way because he did something no one else has done in 55 years. 

• I do not think that they have a point because even if they are trying to help him it is still not easy to do. I think that he would be happy that he was able to tie it but he would be disappointed he didn't break it. 

• Yes it isn't easy to do anything at that high of levels except maybe shooting free throws. I think that he would have some sense of accomplishment tying the record but would not be 100% happy being so close to breaking the record. 

• no because Oscar played in era of much faster basketball which allowed him more chances at the stats.

No, because he is still mad at KD for leaving him wants to prove a point to everyone.

• I too think that Russell Westbrook wants to prove to every team in the NBA that OKC was more than just Kevin Durant and with this record he set he has proved it.

• I think that the tea, could have possibly helped him reach the goal. Am I mad that that could have happened? No. Whats the point of a team if they aren't going to help you? He did have to earn most of it because it's not easy to do something like that. But still, he got it. And I don't think he would have been happy with just tying the record because that means he didn't beat it. 

• Yes I agree. I think that it would be hard to be 1 rebound shy of a triple double knowing that a teammate could have let it drop and give it to you so you can get one game closer to the record would be tough. As a competitor I do not think he would be happy tying it either.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I think that the fans cheated his way to breaking the record but they do not know what it is like in a real NBA game experience as one of the players. I think that he would have mix emotions about tying the record as well.

• I think he got the points to make it happen so he earned i mean cant take it away from him so just let him have his fame and stop whining about it. I think he would've been satisfied but not happy about tying the previous record.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker