In the state of Montana there is a Nation Park the has 37 glaciers remaining as over the other 100 have vanished, Now they saw they will all be gone by the end of the century.  Who is responsible? Humans are because we are causing warmer temperatures due to Global Warming.  This is not the only problem in the world as all glaciers around the world are melting . Glacier National Park had a record visitors last year with 2.95 million people. But with these rising temperatures we are harming many national parks which is a huge revenue for the USA and a lot of jobs. 

Find the link here

Questions

1. Do you feel that these glaciers are melting because of humans and Global Warming? 

2. Do you think in the future we could lose our national parks due to these issues we are not resolving? 

Image result for glacier national park

Image result for glacier national park

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes I do think that the glaciers are melting because of global warming . I think that we are slowly destroying the earth. I think that national parks will always be around no matter what the temperature does or the climate does. They are still a piece of American History. 

• When you look at the evidence involved in all of this then yes I do believe it has to do with this but only time will tell. I don't think we will because these are National Parks we just won't forget about them.

• I believe that time will tell Hunter. We are able to come up with models of the earth to show what will happen if we continue down this path but, the earth is always changing. The models are only models, they might be false if the earth decides to not do something. 

• Yes I do think that the glaciers are dying because of Global Warming. I feel that we need to change how we live or at least try to save the world. I do think that we will loose are national parks and we will loose our different types of parks and wild life. Its so scary to think that we are killing the world one day at a time.

• I completly agree with you that we are just slowing killing the earth and we are just sitting her watching it happen instead of acting before it gets to the point of no return. 

• I don't think global warming is caused by humans, the glaciers from the ice ages disappeared naturally without the help from factories, so it isn't humans causing anything. I think we would lose them, but they will come back, just like it was hot before the ice ages. History is repeating itself.

• I would agree with you Lindsey. The earth has done this before and it is just doing it again. I think (as with a lot of things in society) people are trying to come up with reasons for something that just aren't true. I do think that we aren't helping the cause, but I do not think that it is all just humans. 

• I would disagree with you because the glaciers from the ice ages to millions of years to melt and these are disappering in just a period of 100 years and the world is just going to get warmer.

• I don't think humans are helping the problem but glaciers melt on their own because the earth heats up and cools down on its own. I think we could lose some national parks but there isn't a whole lot we can do about it.

• no. the earth is going through a heating period. what this means is ever 100,000 years or so or even longer the earth goes through heating and cooling period. we just happen to be in a heating period. the ice age was the last cooling period and the current hearing period will continue for around 10,000 more years then it will cool again. no they will come back.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker