In the state of Montana there is a Nation Park the has 37 glaciers remaining as over the other 100 have vanished, Now they saw they will all be gone by the end of the century.  Who is responsible? Humans are because we are causing warmer temperatures due to Global Warming.  This is not the only problem in the world as all glaciers around the world are melting . Glacier National Park had a record visitors last year with 2.95 million people. But with these rising temperatures we are harming many national parks which is a huge revenue for the USA and a lot of jobs. 

Find the link here

Questions

1. Do you feel that these glaciers are melting because of humans and Global Warming? 

2. Do you think in the future we could lose our national parks due to these issues we are not resolving? 

Image result for glacier national park

Image result for glacier national park

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would disagree with you because we just had the hottest year on record and glaciers usally take millions of years to melt not just over a 100 year period, we need to listen to 99 percent of the scientest that we are causing these problems. 

• I do believe that we definitely have a big part in this. Most of it has to be brought on by global warming. I believe that glacial parks such as this will be deeply effected. I don't know about all parks though.

• I think that this could very well be an effect of global warming. I think that this could possibly cause problems with more nationals parks. I feel that if we do not do anything about this problem I feel that it could defiantly have long lasting and harsh effects in the future, and we could lose out national parks because of this issue. 

• Yes, I think humans and global warming are most likely the cause of the melting glaciers. Hopefully we never lose the parks, but I do think we could if we don't do things to prevent the loss. I don't really know what we can do to prevent that tho.  

• Chloe honsolo I agree with you 100% because hey you look at the evidence in this scenario it all points to humans and global warming. I disagree with you on the last part tho because their National Parks you just can't get rid of them.

• I feel that the earth is warming... no doubt about it, but when it snows in April, that makes me think a little harder. Anyway, I don't think that humans could impact the world so that its ice could start melting though. I'm sure if the ice keeps melting, it won't be there anymore.

• Just becuase it snows in april doesnt mean global warming is real if you look all around the world we are heating up but us americans dont want to do anything about it.

• I agree, if the ice keeps melting we will no longer have the beautiful glaciers to look at anymore. We also have to think about the animals and living things that will be affected with losing man made things. If we lose the glaciers we could also lose other species and possibly other wildlife. 

• I feel that they are melting because over the years the summer in Montana has been getting warmer and it is due to global warming. Montana is a beautiful place and having gone there I can say that it is sad that Glacier park has started to lose the glaciers. I think that many national parks have been disappearing and part of it is caused by global warming. With the lack of rain in places it is very dangerous to have a fire and because people don't know how to put them out properly they can start forest fires.

• I never new that Montana was getting that way. That can def have an affect on global warming and the glaciers. Global warming has a big affect on many things not just glaciers. I personally have never seen a glacier but hopefully someday I can.. Hopefully that day is soon tho and the glaciers aren't all gone. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker