In the state of Montana there is a Nation Park the has 37 glaciers remaining as over the other 100 have vanished, Now they saw they will all be gone by the end of the century.  Who is responsible? Humans are because we are causing warmer temperatures due to Global Warming.  This is not the only problem in the world as all glaciers around the world are melting . Glacier National Park had a record visitors last year with 2.95 million people. But with these rising temperatures we are harming many national parks which is a huge revenue for the USA and a lot of jobs. 

Find the link here

Questions

1. Do you feel that these glaciers are melting because of humans and Global Warming? 

2. Do you think in the future we could lose our national parks due to these issues we are not resolving? 

Image result for glacier national park

Image result for glacier national park

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that humans are one of the main reasons as to why these glaciers are melting. Millions of people go to see these glaciers and when they go and see them the temperature raises from our body heat and causes them to melt. I do think that in the future we could lose national parks if we don't start taking better care of them. I hope we never have to lose these national parks because they are beautiful. 

• I agree humans are a huge cause to this. We def need to start taking better care of the parks and just earth in general. I think that many people, especially now a days take earth and all its beautiful sites for granted. Losing the parks would not be something I would want to happen nor do I think others would want that. Hopefully if we can change the way we take care of them we won't lose them. 

• I disagree with you because the earth is 70% water and the earth is huge, so people cannot effect it that much. I also think that if the ice keeps melting, the national parks won't be there in the future.

• Bump

• I feel these are melting because of global warming, also humans are an issue that we need to stop. I definitely lose most of out national parks because of the way humans take care of everything and the way global warming is. 

• As i said in another post, humans are just playing the role, global warming is happening because of the ice age we had a very long time ago. Over the course of the years the earth is still trying to warm up from the ice age. There is no possible way we can stop it because we are just doing what we do, the whole world is not going to change.

• Yes, I think that the glaciers are melting because of global warming. It's a huge issue and is effecting much more than glaciers. There is a good chance that we could lose our national parks due to this. If we were to resolve these issues soon (which is unlikely), we could save them. Since that probably won't happen, we could lose them and much more. 

• I think that they are melting partially because of humans and also partially due to global warming (which is also effected by humans). I think that we could lose these parks if we don't start conserving our resources and paying more attention to them. 

• I agree with you that we need to start acting and using our resources to combat global warming so we stop all these problems in the world that global warming causes. 

• I think that no doubt that we are causing global warming although we are trying different ways to stop them. We will destroy most of our national parks in the future due to many things the population does to our environment.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker