In the state of Montana there is a Nation Park the has 37 glaciers remaining as over the other 100 have vanished, Now they saw they will all be gone by the end of the century.  Who is responsible? Humans are because we are causing warmer temperatures due to Global Warming.  This is not the only problem in the world as all glaciers around the world are melting . Glacier National Park had a record visitors last year with 2.95 million people. But with these rising temperatures we are harming many national parks which is a huge revenue for the USA and a lot of jobs. 

Find the link here

Questions

1. Do you feel that these glaciers are melting because of humans and Global Warming? 

2. Do you think in the future we could lose our national parks due to these issues we are not resolving? 

Image result for glacier national park

Image result for glacier national park

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I feel that there are very few ways to stop global warming and even if we come up with an idea, the whole world is not going to change just because the earth is getting hotter. Global warming affects everyone on earth but no one will actually make the moves to stop it.

• I think that they glaciers could be melting because of humans, because they continue to destroy the earth by littering. I believe that we could lose these parks, and all of the animals in them. 

• I do agree that humans have a problem of littering. I also think that we should act upon that because it won't just save national parks, it'll help the earth all over. It really would be a shame to see these parks get shut down and the animals die off. But I do think that this may be on purpose. The earth undergoes cycles that humans can't understand. Maybe earth is trying to get rid of us.....

• Yes probably but this has happened before in history so its will hopefully resolve. Oh yes probably but we could hopefully stop this maybe to stop this 

• I agree with you because in history the ice melted, then it froze back up. I think that if the ice keeps melting, the parks won't be there anymore.

• I think part of the problem is from the humans, otherwise I think it is just because the temperatures have been pretty high the past year and the glaciers are melting. I think that possibly in the future we could lose the some of the National Parks, but I don't think all of them will be destroyed.

• Tanner I agree with you because everything points towards us humans and if we don't do anything to stop this then we are pretty much screwed. I don't think we will lose any but if some of them are just being rundown and no one is going to them then yes I think they'll be shut down.

• Yes because the warmer temperatures are causing the ice to melt, and the environment is getting warmer due to human activity, I think national parks will always be around but maybe not as beautiful as they are in the world today.

• I think that humans have some of the blame to do with the melting of the glaciers. Yes I think it is possible to lose these parks in the future due to conflicts 

• I do believe the glaciers are melting because of us and global warming, but I also think there is another reason for the melting because global warming can not take that much effect in a short amount of time. Not all national parks even contain ice so not all parks would be lost, even if they did hold ice or glaciers, the park would still be in the same location-- it would just be altered. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker