In the state of Montana there is a Nation Park the has 37 glaciers remaining as over the other 100 have vanished, Now they saw they will all be gone by the end of the century.  Who is responsible? Humans are because we are causing warmer temperatures due to Global Warming.  This is not the only problem in the world as all glaciers around the world are melting . Glacier National Park had a record visitors last year with 2.95 million people. But with these rising temperatures we are harming many national parks which is a huge revenue for the USA and a lot of jobs. 

Find the link here

Questions

1. Do you feel that these glaciers are melting because of humans and Global Warming? 

2. Do you think in the future we could lose our national parks due to these issues we are not resolving? 

Image result for glacier national park

Image result for glacier national park

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Yes I think humans are at least partially responsible for this because we are ruining the ozone layer and scientists think we are mainly responsible for this. I think that there are a lot of things that could cause national parks to disappear. 

• 1) I believe global warming could be the cause of the glaciers melting.

2) As more and more are melting I do think over time we could lose national parks considering there will eventually be no glaciers back.

• Yes because the warmer temperatures are causing the ice to melt, and the environment is getting warmer due to human activity, I think national parks will always be around but maybe not as beautiful as they are in the world today.

• I think that the glaciers were made from the ice age and were not meant to stay and are slowly melting. I think we would lose the glaciers but that does not mean that the national park has to go to. It's nature, there is nothing we can do about it because it just happens.

• Usally glaciers melt over a period of millions of years but in this park they are disaperring in a period of 100 years and this is a huge problem also with other national parks if the world keeps heating all national parks will be affected in some way unless humans react. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker