Terrorism In Fort Lauterdale

Crack! "Take cover!" someone yells, This is the scene at Fort Lauderdale's Airport in Florida. Today, Friday January 6th  2017  five innocent people were murdered. The suspect had his gun inside his bag at the baggage claim. It is still yet unknown as to why this man opened fire at the Florida airport. As many as 13 others were wounded and 8 people were taken to the hospital. 2 of these innocents were taken under surgery this afternoon. 5 of these trauma patients are being treated and are in stable condition. The officials at the scene did not further discuss the victims injuries. The suspect, Santiago, is said to have retrieved his baggage and to have emerged from the restroom shooting. Santiago is said to have checked into a mental health evaluation for what he said was hearing voices inside his head. Some of these voices he claimed, were to join ISIS. This begs the question, Was he accurately evaluated? If not, How many people have we released into the public who are not yet stable? Santiago had earlier been discharged from the Alaska national Guard for unsatisfactory performance. He was serving in Iraq. One must wonder, Could he be a victim of PTSD? or could he have been changed by what he has seen or done in Iraq? The officials at the scene however, Say it is far too early to decide whether or not this was an act of terrorism. Israel has said the gunman acted alone. Perhaps, as american citizens, we should unite in the fight against terrorism, instead of the undermining choices we can no longer change, such as the election.

Questions for thought

1.  Are we addressing the concern for mental health issues, especially those involved in the military or trauma victims?

2. Should we be doing more in the fight against terrorism as citizens? if yes or no please include why.

3. Do you think airport security should start before a person enters the airport?

For the full story please click on this Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good story and well done!

• i think we need to address them more than what we are now and try harder and more efishently to help them 

yes i think we should protect are selfs but i also think if we declare peace to all maybe we can come to a truss and peace for all

• I think we are addressing it, just not to the scale or magnitude that we must in order to help those that need it.  Really, I don't know what we can do to fight terrorism, not like the way soldiers do on the front line. Yes, maybe just a quick scan to determine whether or not they may be hostile or have a weapon. It would increase the safety of everyone in the airport.

• I think that a lot of the time, we overlook possible signs of mental health concerns, we should be more thorough in evaluating the mental health of troops coming back from war. I think that there's already so much security trying to protect us from terrorism, I don't know how much more we can include with out invading privacy of citizens. I agree that security should start when a person walks in, it would prevent many incidents such as this one. We shouldn't let potential terrorists walk around the airport armed.

• bump

• bump

• Bump

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker