Teen Drug Abuse

Teenage drug abuse is a continuing current problem in the United States. In Iowa 1 in 8 teenagers were abusing an illicit drug in the last year. Statistics show that Iowa teenagers between the ages of 12 to 17 years old have reported using drugs within the last month. Drug abuse among teenagers does not only affect their mental and physical health, it has been known to affect their academics. It affects their ability to gain peer to peer relationships. 

Some of the effects from teenage drug abuse include bad grades, attention deficits, low self esteem, bad memory and poor social skills. These effects can lead to making no friends and falling school. Teen overdose rate went up 94% during the covid pandemic. The death rate jumped 109% during the 2nd half of 2019 to 2021.

i personly belive that their isnt enought affordable help for teens with drug abuse problems. i also belive schools should offer help with students struggling with drug abuse problems. i belive that teens should not use drugs as they can be very lethal and cause the parents to delve into depprestion as they could just walk into their teens room not knowing they overdosed.

Do you think there is enough affordable help for teenagers with drug abuse problems?

Do you think schools should offer help for teens struggling with drug dependency?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I totally agree with you opinion. There are many families that afford the help and services offered to the students. So the school should offer as much help as possible for the the students struggling with drug abuse or addiction. Before it becomes a problem with overdoses rising even more. support groups should be offered to students not only for drug issuses but for anything such mental health support groups

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker