Teen Dies On Prom Night

Last Friday, 4 Monroe Students were hurt in a prom night crash. One of the victims, 17 year old, Kaylie Jackson suffered fatal injuries and died at the hospital. The students from Monroe highschool gathered to pray for Kaylie before she passed away. She was “an angle” and someone who “always knew how to make everyone laugh,” said one of her classmates.The 3 passengers were released before Kaylie died. Her car veered into the opposite lane, and caused to car to overturn and went off the road. The report states there was no use of alcohol or drugs. The 4 friends were headed to their prom where her friend said, “Prom would have been one of many experiences the four friends wanted to share.” All the friends were planning on going to Ohio State University together.

Read the whole story- https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/butler-county/monroe/monroe-hs-student-dies-after-prom-night-crash

Questions- 

1. How does this make you feel since prom was a couple weeks ago?

2. How should the people who are going to prom this weekend act?

3. If you were the other victims, how would you react to this?

1. I would feel relieved since prom already happened. It would be awful because you would be in a dress and have your makeup and hair done and the best day of your life would be the worst.

2. I think everyone should make sure the driver isn't drunk and knows what they are doing. 

3. I would feel awful since we were going to the prom together and my best friend died. My night would change in an instant. It would be awful to be a parent because you probably just got pictures taken and you hear that your daughter was in a car accident.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job!

• I wouldn't know how to react mentioning I just lost one of my bestfriends. It would really suck thinking about her being there just a few hours ago and now she is died. I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

• I agree but disagree with your anawer. I think none of them should be getting drunk mentioning they are all just highschoolers and we should always be safe drivers. Not only on specific times.

• I did not attend prom but it is a scary story. I think if you are going to prom you should be safe. I would feel bad knowing you lived and your friend did not.

• I wouldnt know what to do or say, she was one of our best friends and we were starting a future together and so I would be divistated that shes not going to be there with us. 

• I feel like a lot more people are going to be cautious, mainly in that area. Since they are still unsure of the cause of them going into another lane I think people will be a bit slower and more careful at night. 

• What happened is reagic but im not sure how our community would handle this. We have had a lot of deaths of younge people and a lot of very sick people in out community that I feel like we are more numb to this then some other small towns. 

• I am only a freshmen and I don't go to prom but knowing that ours is over and everyone is safe feels good. I agree that getting all ready and getting a date and expecting to have one of the best days ever but it's worst would suck.

• This type of thing could happen anytime, but it is super scary. Obviously, everyone should be aware and safe on any day, not just this one weekend. If I was in this situation, like one of the victims, I would feel absolutely, completely, totally guilty-- even though it was not my fault. 

• It is heartbreaking and if I were one of her friends or part of her family, I would be devestated. It is very sad what happened, but I think it warns other people that they have to be safe during prom, especially when there is drugs or alcohol involved. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker