Teen Dies After Being Trapped In A Minivan

A young teen Kyle Push (16) called 911 twice Tuesday afternoon while he was strapped in the minivan outside of his school Seven Hills School in Madisonville, Ohio. The third row seat flipped and pinned him while he was trying to reach his tennis equipment. The second call was answered by a dispatcher who has worked as a dispatcher for four years. Plush was able to tell the dispatcher where he was located during the call but they failed to give the information to the additional officers who were at the scene. Plush also tried explaining the call was not a joke. Kyle's exact words were "I am trapped inside my gold Honda Odyssey van in the parking lot of the Seven Hills...Send officers immediately," Plush pleaded. "I’m almost dead.” The dispatcher dealing with the call was placed on leave as officials investigate the incident. The boys body was found by his father some five hours later. It was ruled the death a case of accidental asphyxia due to chest compression. 

What do you think this dispatchers punishment should be for not relying the info to anyone?

Why do you think there wasn't anyone around to see he was struggling?

My Opinion- 

I think the officer should atleast do some time for not doing there job. It was clear the the boy needed help and they knew where the kid was located, Even if this sounded like a joke or not, officers still should have reported to the scene. Im suprised there was no one around or near by that saw him struggining and its hard to believe people didnt wonder where he was.

Click here to read more!

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done Abi!

• I think the dispatcher should be fired and never able to work at a dispatcher office again due to the fact that 911 centers are required by law to investigate every call no matter how serious or not serious the call sounds. 

• I agree, being fired is atleast something for now, I mean he failed to do his job and wasnt being very seroius about anything. There will probably be alot of talk on what all happened and how this is going to be handled.

• I think that they should definitely be fired and possibly sued because they were not doing their job by not relying the info to anyone. The teen could've been helped if they passed the info to others and it wouldn't of turned out with the same results. I think that the teen made it obvious that he really needed help. I think it's surprising that no one was around to see him struggling, but they might of just not been paying attention.

• I agree the family could possibly think of doing something like that because this is horrible and they lost the life of their son. It is vedry suprising that no one was around seeing he was in need of help for some time. 

• 1. The person should be be punish or be fire from there jobs of irgnoring that call.

2. People may not able to see him or they just didn't notice what going on in the car while he was struggling to get free.

• The officer should for sure face punishment and loosing he job is very reasonable, and yeah people most likely werent paying attention to notice him. It is just very hard to seem that no one was around. 

• I think they should be fired and sued because his life could've been saved if the dispatcher took him seriously. I think he must've been in an empty parking lot somewhere.

• The family could for sure sued them , their son is gone anf the offcier failed to do his job. There needs to be something big done about this, and the parking lot must have been pretty empty becasue you would think someone noticed. 

• I think that the diispatcher should be fired and definitely have to apologize to the family. I think that it would be a tough situation to handle though because I know that dispatchers get lots of fake calls. It was probably a weekend and no one was at the school to see him struggling.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker