Teen Curfew, is it Fair?

Teen Curfew, is it Fair?

Beginning in the 1990s, cities and counties in the U.S. that were concerned with rising juvenile crime rates began passing curfew laws. These laws limit the hours that teens under a certain age, usually 18, can be out in public. Most curfew laws apply to evening and night hours. Recently, though, some cities have enacted laws restricting children and teens from being in public unchaperoned during school hours. Teen curfew laws argue that the laws unfairly discriminate against teens who have done nothing wrong. I think that a curfew is fair to have for towns and cities. I think it definitely helps to decrease crime rates.

Do you think curfew laws for teenagers are unfair?

Do you think curfew laws can help reduce juvenile crime?

https://explore.proquest.com/sirsissuesresearcher/document/2257695992?accountid=66137

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don’t agree, curfew is there to protect and understand the limitations of their activities after or  during school hours. I believe that it is fair

• In my opinion, I think that there should be a teen curfew because when you are a teen some things you do could affect your future.  I don't think that you need to be staying out very late at night. They are put in place to keep the teens safe and to help parents not worry as much. 

• I think that there should be teen curfew because when you are a teen the things you do could effect your future. If you are a teen and get stopped late at night you could have tickets or charges depending on what you were doing and that could take a while to pay off.

• I agree curfew are ok and reasonable to help kids be safe and understand the limitations of their activities

• I think that teen curfews are completly fine and should be inforced. I believe that parents should be able to make a curfew for their kids. The parents want their kids to be same and should be home at a certian time. In my opion having curfews should reduce juvenile crimes. 

• I don't think curfew laws for teenagers are unfair. However, cities shouldn't be tampering with the curfew laws. I believe curfew laws reduce some crimes but not all. If underaged kids are planning on committing a "crime," a city curfew isn't going to stop them from doing it. 

•  I don’t agree, curfew is there to protect and regulate the activity during school hours.  I believe that it is fair

• Yes i think teen curfews are acceptable.  They are put in place to keep the teens safe. I think that they are fair.  I don't think that you need to be staying out that late at night. I think that it would help reduce the crimes that are created by teens. I feel that the parents should put them in place.

• I agree curfew is helpful and keeps kids safe and out of trouble. I believe that it is fair

• I think that teen curfews are completly fine and should be inforced. I believe that parents should be able to make a curfew for their kids. The parents want their kids to be same and should be home at a certian time. In my opion having curfews should reduce juvenile crimes. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker