Teen Carries Injured Competitor

Melanie Bailey is a senior from Janelle Hogenson High School in North Dakota. Last weekend her and her team traveled to a cross country meet in Northern Minnesota. During the race, Danielle Lenoue, a runner from Fargo, MN, fell during the race and injured her knee. This wasn't too far away from the finish line. Instead of carrying on with the race like most other competitors did, Bailey stopped and carried the injured Lenoue on her back to the finish line. This kind act created a new friendship. 

If you were in the race, would you have helped this injured girl that you didn't know, or would you carry on with the race? Why?

For more information click here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I know it sounds like a bad thing, but I agree with a lot of you! I have seen a lot of people fall during a race and they aren't able to finish. I finished the race. It was a very nice thing to do, but I wouldn't do it.

• I was in cross country a few years ago and I know how hard it can be. I also know what it feels like to be on that final stretch. If the girl fell down while I was far back enough for me to see her, I probably would have helped her. I never finished in any place that mattered so finishing a little late wouldn't mean that much to me.

• I would have to say that I would probably keep running, especially if I were really close to finishing and if I had been working hard. Once I was done finishing the race then I would go back to help her. 

• I would have helped the girl, because winning does not mean that much to me.

• that a tough one because i'm yeah it would the best thing you could do. i thought that what she did would be the best you could do

• I would finish the race first then go back and help her. 

• I wouldn't help because it is a race to see who can get to the finish line first. If I was finished i would help her tho. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker