Suicide bombing kills 16

In Somalii, the explosion destroyed two buses traveling behind the military convoy. The bus was transporting the governor as he traveled back from Mogadishu. The AI-Shaabaab was responsible for the bombing. Tourist from the US were also among the bus. The bombing came a week after a U.S airstrike killed their group leader, Ahmed Gpdane. The group has a new leader now and says the death will not affect there future attacks. Somalia has been on high alert for strikes since.

Does this affect you wanting to be a tourist in another country never knowing what could happen? Does it still make you want to travel to a different country?

Full story here 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you. You never know what can happen. 

• It would if I was to go to this country!!! Certain countries yes....

• I would be worried if I had to go there but we never know what can happen for anything. If you are too afraid, stay at home because you could have a car accident on the road to the grocery store. But it's sure better to avoid this region of Somalia for now. I think it doesn't make a difference to me, we can almost always travel safely in every country.

• I think that it is scary to think that people would do that but I would be worried about something like that happening anywhere in the US and in foreign countries. Especially in the Middle East with the terrorists and all of the religious extremists groups such as the Al-Shaabaab. 

• You are right. It can happen at anytime. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker