Submarine to the North Pole

Sailors set of on a once in a lifetime journey to one of the most isolated places on Earth. Two months ago these men had set off on a journey through the icy ocean to get to the North Pole. Only they did not sail on the surface, but dive through the water on their submarine. These men were submerged under water and ice for two months. They said that all of their fruits and vegetables were consumed in less that two weeks. But for the sailors, it paid up when they reached their destination. After five hours of picking the ice off of the hatch, they were dumbstruck by their surroundings. Hundreds of miles of nothing but ice. Not even birds were seen. What had struck the captain of the ship so much, was how isolated and quiet it was out there. I think it would be amazing to go on a trip like this, but maybe without being submerged underwater for two months.

Could you handle the two month journey to the North Pole if you wanted to go?

Would you like to go to the North Pole? Why or why not?

Want to read more? Here is the Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good summary again but be sure to reply more frequently next time.

• I think it would be cool to see and be able to say that you did that and went but I wouldn't want to be underwater for 2 months at a time. I feel like that would be to much, and you'd be stuck inside, and probably end up bored within hours.

• I think it'd be cool to go out and see the North Pole, but not being stuck in a submarine for two months. I'd go crazy being stuck in there after just two days. 

• I think it would be cool but it seems like to risky of a trip for me. 

• I think it was be a cool trip but I don't think that I could do it. It would be really cold and there is really nothing to do up there. I would not like to go to the  North pole because I don't like the cold.

• I would never be able to do it. Being in a submarine for two months is extremely long, and the North Pole isn't exactly a destination I would plan on travelling to. 

• I might be able to handle in the submarine it I'm not for sure for how long but I know that I would want to go to the north pole.  

• I think it would be cool to go to the north pole, especially in a submarine. I certainly wouldn't want to stay there for very long but it would be pretty neat to see all the snow and ice in one flat layer. I think I could handle the 2 month journey. You would have to find different ways to entertain yourself though.

• I don't think I could do it. Unless there was a full house in that submarine. I couldn't be crammed in there for that long. I wouldn't want to go to the North Pole, because when I go on vacation, I go somewhere warm. I have no desire to go somewhere that I'd be freezing, and nothing to do.

• i would never get into that submarine i do not like the ocean and being under for two months is too long, i would get home sick and not having the food i eat at home would bother me the most, also i think i would get claustrophobic really quick.

i would not want to go to the north pole i will stay in the united states where its warm i don't like the cold so no i would not want to go to the north pole!

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker