Stupidity That Came from Wounded Pride

This Thursday the 32-year old Motaparthi Vamshi Krishna from Hyderabad, a city in the southern part of India, has been arrested for sending a false E-mail about a planned hijack on aircrafts. This E-mail had been sent out from an internet cafe in Hyderabad to the police in Mumbai last Saturday. Krishna created a fake email account and pretended to be a women, that had noticed some men talking about their plans to hijack planes around Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Chennai. This all resulted in tightened security measurements at the airport. The police was able to track Krishna down and now he might end up with a charge of five years in prison and in addition to that a fine.

The police then found out more about why he did something so stupid, dangerous, and dumb like that. Krishna is a married man with a child, but he has an online girlfriend. That girlfriend wanted to go on a vacation with him, but Krishna didn't have enough money. His plan therefore was to create a fake ticket for his girlfriend, then send that to her. After that he sent out that fake email about the hijacking that I already mentioned above. He did all this hoping that the flight will get cancelled. That way it wouldn't have been his fault, right? So to sum it up again: A married guy was too pride to tell his online girlfriend that he was not able to provide the money for a vacation with her, and he didn't see any other way then sending a fake email to the police about a hijacking plot, so that the airport would close down. Makes sense!

Click here for the whole story

Questions:

1. What do you think about his actions?

2. What would you do if you were his girlfriend and if you'd just found out what happened?

3. What would you do if you were his wife or his child?

4. Do you think five years are reasonable for doing something like that? Do you think he deserves that charge?

My Opinion:

I think that he is probably one of the dumbest people I ever heard of and I don't feel bad for him being stuck in this situation right now at all. In my opinion he totally deserves to serve those five years in prison. If I was his girlfriend I would leave as soon as possible and go as far away from that guy as possible. I would be totally embarrassed, but I would be so happy that I wasn't in his wife's position. His wife just found out that he cheated on her and she just found out how stupid he really is. Things like him being put in prison comes just as a little addition on top of this whole pile of stupidity. Even if she would want to she wouldn't really be able to leave him. They still have a kid together so she will be stuck with this genius probably for another couple years.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Super job!!

• I think he is very stupid for doing this, it makes no sense. I would be very surprised and im not sure how I would react. I would be super upset with him and probably leave him, straight up. Idk exactly how the court system works... im just glad he got time.

• This is completely insane! There is obviously a much easier solution-- or many other solutions! If I was his family I would have thought he was insane and I would have separated from him; his girlfriend hopefully broke up with him also. I do believe that the charge is suitable because he was careless and plain stupid! 

• I think that he is really dumb for doing this and should have known nothing good could have came from this. If I were the online girlfriend, I wouldn't see him every again I would also divorce him if I were his wife. I think five years is a lot for this but it is for his own good because we are already high on security at airports that people who are doing nothing wrong are even afraid to go to an airport. 

• I think his actions were really stupid and not well thought out. If I were the online girlfriend, I would dump him. If I was his wife, I'd divorce him for cheating and for doing something so stupid. Five years is reasonable for causing a big scare and taking advantage of an already terrible issue that is happening in our country.

• I would be sorry for his kids because they would have to deal with listing to people talk about what he did. What he did was very wrong that could be very bad. I don't really feel sorry that he is in prison. I feel bad for his wife too. she had to deal with him.

• I would feel sorry for his kid and his wife too. They have to deal with this embarrassment of a dad/ husband now. He cheated on his wife, lied to his girlfriend and used the polices fear of terrorism for his own advantage. He is simply stupid and like you said I don't feel sorry for him at all. He definitely deserves to be put into prison. His poor kid has to grow up now with a stupid father that is in prison and he has to start dealing with people talking behind his back. If I was his mother I would get divorced right away and I would fight for the custody of my child. I would try to get my kid as far away as possible from that man and I wouldn't want Krishna to get near my child again.

• I think his actions were very uncalled for and this was very dumb of a guy to do this and put a lot of peoples lives in danger. I would clearly not be his girlfriend anymore, and would pry say some choice words to him. He would not be my dad, i would disown him right away and not want anything to do with him. I feel that five years is perfect for him because you would never know if he was actually planning on doing something like what he described.

• You mentioned the fact that Krishna put a lot of people's lives in danger, and you are right with that. Just so that he could get out of trouble, he lied to the police about a fake terror attack. He made a bunch of people's lives harder by causing the security measurements to be tightened. Maybe because of that flights got cancelled. He caused fear and used this fear of terrorism for his own advantage. That's simply sick and he deserves to be in prison.

• I think that this guy isn't the smartest guy out there from what he did. I would leave him just because what he did was so wrong and he shouldn't have done what he did. I would be embarrassed if I was his child. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker