Students Protest Beard Ban

Students at BYU protest Beard Ban. The students are aware of the rule at BYU because they are told before they start school. Some of the students are protesting the ban. Brigham Young who the school is named after has a statue in downtown Salt Lake City and he has a beard in the statue. This is one of the reason the students feel that they should be able to have a beard.

I think that the students have a right to be able  to grow a beard if they want one. Also I think that the school should remove that ban because there is nothing bad about having a beard.

Do you think that the school has a right to ban beards? Do you think that the students should be protesting this?

Link here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done!!

• I don't think they should be able to ban them. It is more a of personal right. I think it is okay for the students to protest because it is their right. 

• The school tells them before they go there and it is the students choice to go to the college or a different one.

• no, school can't control you if you want to have a beard because we have rights to help us from being controlled and forced not to do things, like not growing a beard.

•  I feel this is just too over protective, if i want to grow a beard ill grow a beard, the school shouldn't say what i can grow on my face.

• The school tells them that growing a beard is against it's rules. I do agree that nobody can stop people from growing a beard.

• no,because they don't like to shave or get cold during the winter. yes because to get the right to do this. 

• What is right about protesting a rule you knew before going there?

• I think the students have every right to be protesting this. It's their bodies, and they should be allowed to do whatever they want with them. I can't even fathom what this college thinks is wrong or inappropriate with having a beard. If they respond in this way to a bit of facial hair, it makes me wonder how the girls who wear tank tops and shorts that go higher-than-fingertips are treated.

Besides, this school must really not be having any problems if they have to create them out of eighteen to twenty-four year old males growing and wearing facial hair.

• It is the students making the problems not the school and they are probably not allowed at the school either but it isn't addressed.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker