Staying productive at home

Staying focused while doing homework can be challenging, especially if you have ADHD or it is difficult material. However, there are a few strategies that you can use to help you stay on track and be more productive. 

First, have a designated area that is free from distractions. This could be your bedroom, a library, or a coffee shop. Make sure your spot is quiet, comfortable, and has all the things you need to get your work done. Turn off or filter your phone notifications and close unnecessary tabs on your computer and avoid doing two subjects or tasks at once. 

Finally, make sure you prioritize tasks and stay organized. When you are doing homework, it can be easy to get overwhelmed with a mountain of homework and deadlines. To stay on top of your work, prioritize your tasks and create a daily to-do list. Use your resources like calendars and reminders to help keep you on task. 

In conclusion, staying focused while doing homework requires discipline and effort, but it is worth it in the end. By creating a designated study space, setting a schedule, taking breaks, prioritizing tasks, and staying organized, you can stay focused and achieve your academic goals. 

Do you struggle with being productive? 

What do you do to help you stay focused? 

Is there another way that you stay productive? 

https://isucceedvhs.net/2021/03/19/focus-on-homework/ 

https://ofy.org/blog/homework-hacks-8-tips-get-done-faster/ 

https://www.thepinnaclelist.com/articles/reasons-why-you-should-prepare-study-space-your-home/#:~:text=Your%20room%20will%20help%20with,will%20learn%20effectively%20and%20quickly

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Interesting topic and well done overall Chloe! I do think your summary could be a bit longer.

• I struggle with being productive at home. Often it helps me to listen to music. I just know that I have to do it so I just know that I have to do it. Taking breaks may help sometimes, it helps my siblings. 

• I struggle with being productive at home. Even when I know I have homework to do I never do it because I have chores and I have to take care of my siblings. In order to stay focused on school work I listen to music.

• I am not very productive at home because I have chores and stuff that I have to do after school so I usually do my school work during school. But what I do to stay productive at home doing chores and stuff is listen to music. It helps me stay in the "working mood" and I don't get bored or distracted. 

• I sometimes listen to music too; although, it has to be music without words, like jazz or classical music.

•  I don't struggle with being productive, or lazy any more than at school. I don't like doing school/homework so I don't really do it until the last minute, but it doesn't really mean that I struggle with being productive. I don't think there is anyway to get me more focused.

• I think when I scroll through instagram too much I can be unproductive but I don't look at useless content on there as it actually helps with my career. I also use tiktok for business and not just for fun as well as other social media websites like facebook. I think staying productive can mean a variety of certain things that includes being focused and on task and could be hard to maintain.

• I feel like creating a list with all the things that I have to do helps me a lot to stay productive at home. By doing that, I can stay organized and have a clear mind. I also try to set a time frame during the day where I want to get things done, so I can also look forward to my free time. 

• I try making a list too. It also helps me focus and not freak out because I don't know what to do.

• I don't struggle staying productive at home because I am always outside working on something because I can't stand with being in the house all the time. Going outside is the best thing you can do because you can burn your energy off and get vitaiam D.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker