Today, McMaster "the national security adviser" has reassured South korea that the THAAD funding deal is still in place and that the United States will still pay for the system. . This statement has contradicted what Mr. President Donald Trump has stated recently.  The agreement that is pre existing sates that though South korea must provide the land and other supports, the United states will pay for their missile defense system.  The Key pieces to THAAD were put into place Wednesday.

Who Do you think should Pay for THAAD?

Why do you think the secretary of defense says we will pay for it?

do you support or oppose this plan?

I oppose the Idea because I believe that the united states should not have to pay for their system. I believe that our top priority at this time is to protect our own citizens. 

I think that south Korea should pay for their own system. and that the U.S. should re-prioritize.

I believe however that the secretary is merely trying to diffuse the tension between the two countries at the time and it is a fair Idea of how to do it without getting too involved.

To read more please click HERE

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good summary but you only replied once.

• I think that paying for their missile defense system allows us to be a superior ally to other countries. I think we should pay for it because they are our allies and we have said that we would protect them against other countries. 

• I don't understand why we would have to pay for their missile system. I also agree with you, maybe the secretary of defense thinks this will ease some of the tension between the two countries; however, it still doesn't make any sense that we need to go into farther debt to do this. 

• I think it should be split between the two countries because both countries benefit from it. Because he is scared if we don't there wont be one leaving an opening for nuclear weapons to be launched through. Oppose all the cost shouldn't be on us. 

• Well South Korea  should pay for there protection, but right now we shouldn't debate this while north Korea is going off the depend. Because we have been paying for countries protection since we joined the UN and they are not giving anything in return. Well while south Korea is under threat, no we need to work together to stop them but when its all back to normal then yes.

• I think that both the United States and South Korea should split the cost - so 50/50. I think that since North Korea has more of a chance of being invaded than we do we should pay for them. But if we both pay for it, we are both ensuring each other that we will protect the other, which is why I think the secretary of defense says that we will pay for it. I personally do support this.

• I get your point and splitting the cost 50/50 is a good idea. I feel it would be a better decision than to make our country pay for the total cost of it. I feel we need to protect them but at the same time we should protect our own people alone. 

• I think they should split the cost because it will benefit both nations. I support this plan because I think that it can help with the situation in North Korea and help defend. 

• I think it should be a 50 50 deal because both countries are getting something good out of it. The secretary says we will pay for it so than North Korea has no clue we have it and paid in full. I support this plan because in the long run this could pay off before we know it and we wont regret it how many years down the road.

• I believe both the United States and South Korea should try to develop a plan to fund THAAD equally. South Korea is in constant danger of being invaded and taken over by North Korea, as one of the strongest countries in the world we should try to help other countries. The current plan seems fair, South Korea is providing support for American soldiers. Although, I do see why many would oppose it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker