Smoking Banned In Mexico.

As of January 15, 2023 Smoking is officially banned in all public places in Mexico. This includes resorts, beaches, and stores, etc. residents are only allowed to smoke in their homes. Mexico has become extremely strict with this law and those found guilty of abusing it have multiple repercussions. These include fines of up to 550$ and even possible jail time. Many are outraged by this decision. The Mexican government has claimed to prevent and control chronic and noncommunicative diseases caused by tobacco. But many have claimed that this with actually have more of a negative impact on Mexican residents. People fear that by banning smoking Mexico will struggle economically. The ban on smoking could cause Mexico to lose a lot of its tourists and money. People also might choose other destinations for their vacation spots if they know they can't smoke.   "It's both good and bad at the same time. It's good because smoking is harmful, but at the same time it's bad because you should be able to do whatever you want with your health," said one resident.10993570901?profile=RESIZE_180x180

People won't come in for drinks anymore because everyone smokes nowadays, everyone wants to smoke. So, our sales are going to go down," one waitress explained.

Overall smoking being banned in Mexico may have Positive affects on people's health but negative effects on Mexican businesses/economy. I personally believe that banning smoking in Mexico is a good thing.

What do you think? 

Would you like to see smoking banned in USA? Explain. 

Do you think banning smoking in Mexico will positively or negatively affect them?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think it's a bad idea but I think it will definitely hurt their economy in the long run. I think people will get their hands on it in some way if they really think they need it otherwise I think they will turn to other drugs, chewing tobacco, etc.

• I agree this will hurt there economie.

• I dont think that it should be banned because a lot of people are addicted to it and would go crazy without it, i think it should be banned around like kids or at playgrounds or some places but not banned overrall 

• I like your idea of it only being banned in certaiin public areas. Thats a good thought.

• I don't think that this is too bad of an idea but also you have to think about all the companies that would be affected if smoking got banned, and all of the people that are addicted to smoking and if you banned it then it would be hard to force them to quit like that.

• I like that you shined some light on the companies. Smoking is greatly affecting them.

• No I dont think smoking should be banned in US. Becuase many old people started smoking very young and they got very addicted so it would be horrible for them. But I also think banning smoking wouldnt work in the US. Because people will just smuggle tabacco to the US. 

• I like that you mentioned how many people in the us smoke. And how you mentioned it being addicting to younger peoplel.

• I think that smoking isn't good for anyone because it is harmful for your lungs. Especially since cigarettes are addicting people aren't going to quit and find a way to get them. I think that the banning of smoking in Mexico will affect them negatively because people are still going to find a way to smoke.

• your right people will fidn there way around the laws.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker