Smoking Banned In Mexico.

As of January 15, 2023 Smoking is officially banned in all public places in Mexico. This includes resorts, beaches, and stores, etc. residents are only allowed to smoke in their homes. Mexico has become extremely strict with this law and those found guilty of abusing it have multiple repercussions. These include fines of up to 550$ and even possible jail time. Many are outraged by this decision. The Mexican government has claimed to prevent and control chronic and noncommunicative diseases caused by tobacco. But many have claimed that this with actually have more of a negative impact on Mexican residents. People fear that by banning smoking Mexico will struggle economically. The ban on smoking could cause Mexico to lose a lot of its tourists and money. People also might choose other destinations for their vacation spots if they know they can't smoke.   "It's both good and bad at the same time. It's good because smoking is harmful, but at the same time it's bad because you should be able to do whatever you want with your health," said one resident.10993570901?profile=RESIZE_180x180

People won't come in for drinks anymore because everyone smokes nowadays, everyone wants to smoke. So, our sales are going to go down," one waitress explained.

Overall smoking being banned in Mexico may have Positive affects on people's health but negative effects on Mexican businesses/economy. I personally believe that banning smoking in Mexico is a good thing.

What do you think? 

Would you like to see smoking banned in USA? Explain. 

Do you think banning smoking in Mexico will positively or negatively affect them?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that banning smoking is not a very smart decision on Mexico's part. Smoking while bad for you is something you choose to do in your past time, and many people love to smoke. I think taking away smoking instead of informing the public about the risks and allowing them to choose for themselves is going to only make smoking more popular and make the citizens of Mexico more upset.

• Its for sure making people upset.

• I agree with the smoking ban. Smoking is not only bad for yourself, but also for people around the person smoking. There have been a lot of studies saying smoking is really bad for you and it also harms people that are around cigarette smoke. I think the smoking ban will positively affect people because all in all, it would make them a lot healthier.

• Your right its really bad fro health reasons.

• I agree with their idea to ban smoking. Smoking is very bad for you and very addicting. I think that smoking and vaping should be banned. I think that it will be easier for people to quit smoking or vaping if it becomes banned and is not sold as easily as it is. I think this is a very bad addiction and hard to quit. 

• I agree as well. Its bad health wise. But people still do it.

• I think it is a good thing that they banned smoking because it is not good for anyone to smoke. I would like to see smoking banned in the US because it is not good, and it is very addicting. It may be hard for some people to stop, but if it is banned, it will prevent more people from getting addicted. 

• I agree with you. Im happy they banned it. It may stop some people

• I think it is a good thing but also maybe should have been a slower thing not done all at once though I'm not sure how that would be done. I think that I would like it if smoking was banned in the USA because then there is no risk of second-hand smoke getting into your lungs and that is something that I do not want but have to deal with when I go out places. I think that pretty much anything that is a change will have both a positive and negative affect and both have to be thought about.

• I lioke that you mentioned them easing into it/doing it slowly. Thats a good thought. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker