Should you be required to take a drivers ed class?

In Iowa you have to be able to take a drivers education class in order to receive your intermediate driver's license. This class helps you learn about the safety of driving. 

One pretty good thing about taking a drivers ed class is that you will be able to get more experience and learn alot of new things before you get on the road. Certain states require this class to be taken in order to receive your license at the age of 16. You will get more comfortable and become confident in it. When you get to be older it can help you become safer on the road for yourself and others.

A negative thing about being required to take this class is that the cost of it can be very high and some people are not able to afford it like others. With the cost being so high some kids do not get the experancie like others do and it can have an impact on others. 

I personally think that people should be required to take a drivers ed class in order to get there license. Reason for that would be they could get the experience and will be able to be more safe for themselves along with other drivers on the road.   

Should all states require a driver's education class?

Do you think that drivers ed will benefit you in the future?

https://onlinedriversed.com/6-reasons-for-teens-to-take-drivers-ed

https://driversed.com/trending/the-problem-with-drivers-education

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I belive that every state in the United States should have to take drivers education. I would have to say that drivers education is a huge benifit to yong kids that are wanting to start driving on their own. This is very important for young teens wanting to drive. 

•  This is a very interesting topic. Thank you for expressing your opinion. I think that drivers Ed should be required. It can help educate people about the safety,and dangers of driving. But there is already a class that you can sign up for that teaches drivers Ed in the summer or winter.

• I think that drivers ed should be required because they help kids get an understanding how to drive and what some signs in the road mean. Most kids our age need to learn how to drive correctly and how to be safe while driving as well.  I do think drivers ed will benefit most of us because it helps us stay safe on the road and know when or if you can do things while driving.

• I think that drivers education should be required. You learn so much about driving and safety. The experience you get in drivers education is also very important. I think all states should have some type of drivers education.

• I think drivers ed should be required. If you learn about the roads and practice driving with a teacher it will help you and everyone else on the road be safer. I also think that since almost everyone drives places, traffic might be smoother and safer if we all take drivers ed. 

• I think it is important to take drivers ed. When you take drivers ed you get to experience driving with a trained and experienced driver that has to take classes to teach drivers ed. All states should some form of drivers ed.

• I think all states should require drivers ed. If they didn't, that would lead to people not knowing what to do. Yes, I think it will help you in the future, like you have to go somewhere and you can't get a ride. It would be easier to just have a car and know what to do on the road.

• I agree it would be helpful if you want to go from place to place.

• I think that You should have to take a drivers Ed class because threre are a lot of car accidents that could be lessend if every took a drivers Ed class or something like that. If everyone does not have to take a class then there would be a lot mor crashes in the world.

• I think that if you are under 18 then yeah you should take a driver's ed class if you want to drive. if you are older than 18 then I feel that you're old enough to know how to drive. although some people have no interest in driving so drivers ed would be of no use to them.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker