Should We Have To Do Forum Post?

I think that forum posts should not be mandatory for history because there are a lot of people who forget and it could be bad for their grades because they are out of 40 points and they are really easy to forget even with reminders. I can also see why we need them though because it is the only homework we get from the class and they are easy to do but they are still easy to forget especially with all the homework from other classes like English and math. It would also maybe be more beneficial to do less like 3 or 4 because some of the topics aren't that interesting sometimes and could be easier to write less than 5. It would also be a better idea to do weekly grading instead of getting 1 grade for 4 weeks then you get 4 different grades for 4 different weeks so if you don't do 1 week then it won't affect your grade as much if you get the rest of the weeks.

Do you think we should have a forum post? Why?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Forum post are a very easy task to do if you remember to do them. I think most students have problems with forum post simply because they forget to do them. I am definaetly guilty of forgetting to do forum post, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be required. I am ok with forum post being required, but I think if the student forgets to comment the previous week, they should be able to make those comments up the next week.

• I totally agree that if people miss the comments from the previous week they should be able to make them up the next week.

• well, I have an iffy opinion about them. On one hand, if we don't do them all we would have in the grade book are tests and the every-so-often worksheet. On the other hand, they are not the best to do because you forget about them and they just aren't interesting anymore. 

• I think it's fine that we have them. You shoudl be able to balance your homework in all of your classes. It's not the teachers fault. And you know every week you will have forum posts. I doubt you are gonna be busy the whole week with homework. I think it keeps us updated with things going on around us. Most kids don't watch the news and might not even have social media. It'a not that hard to wright a line and a half.

• I think that they should be required as it lets students controversially interact with each other as well as politically. It allows us to learn new thigs and teach others about the topics that we choose to educate people about. I think it is a very positive thing that allows everyone to voice their opinions.

• I think we should do a forum post. there are easy and not hard and they count as grades which help a lot. And doing 5 forum posts does not take long it is super fast. I like them because are there easy points.

• I see where you are coming from because they are easy points and easy to do.

• I don't think that we should have to do form post because im my opinon it's a waste of time but some of the form post are kinda instresting. But if you don't do your 5 forum posts you will get a bad grade if you don't do the fourm post.

• I think that forum posts are easy and don't take that long to do unless you have a lot of homework or are busy. Completing 5 forum posts takes less than 15 minutes. You just have to be responsible enough to remeber to do them. Forum posts also help us know some things that are going on around the world and it lets us know how some people think. 

• I think that forum posts are an easy thing to do each week. There are also topics on here that I didn't know about and that I learn about. They aren't hard and they don't take much time. Not to mention they are very easy points for only having to write a couple of sentences.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker