Should we have a self defense class at school?

Physical conduct should be used as a last resort, however in dangerous situations it should be used. Knowing self defense could mean life or death for some people.

Along with learning how to protect themselves students can also learn self awareness, Spatial awareness, and help students detect dangerous situations early before anything happens. Self defense can also improve self-confidence and physical fitness. Studies show that teaching students self defense actually reduces physical Disputes in school. 

In many cases when young adults are in danger they panic however part of knowing and learning self defense is keeping calm and bing able to see thing level headed. With over about six different styles of  common and practical self defense and more then 170 styles of martial arts this being there are many different opportunities for schools to teach different styles. 

With most styles of self defense you do not have to worry about being stronger then your opponent. When learning self defense you are taught how to use your opponents body weight and momentum against them. 

Teaching self defense in school could be beneficial in many ways. I personally thing that we should make a P.E class for a form of self defense. For thoses who want to take part of learning self defense.

Should we have a self defense class in school?

Do you know self defense, if so what kind of it?

https://educationandbehavior.com/self-defense-to-stop-bullies/

https://www.grabellaw.com/five-reasons-you-should-take-a-self-defense-class.html

https://edu4sure.com/self-defense-learning

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I dont think we should make it its own class but you could make it like something in pe or seperate that is outside of school. 

• I agree, I think having the choice of a self-deffence class would be very benificial. I think schools need to start having classes that actually teach us what lifes like after we graduate. Self defence is a big part of that. I think there would be a godd amount of students that would take that class and want to know how. 

• I don't know any self-defense other than putting my keys between my knuckles and even that isn't really keeping me safe, so I agree with you, we should be getting self-defense classes in school. Schools should start teaching us more things we can use in the future and can actually keep us safe.

• In my opinion I think we should have the choice to be able to be in a self defense class. The reason I think this is because it would be nice to know how to defend yourself in some occasions where you need to fight for yourself.

• I think that they should have it. I think that it's a good a idea to teach it. Because you never know if you have you use to protect yourself. So I think that they should allow it.

• I think that it is a great idea to offer a self defense class to students. I think that it would be very beneficial for students of any age to learn how to defend themselves against aggressors. The only real form a self defense that I know is wrestling if you count that.

• Id say that wrestling is a form of self defense, if you are able to defend yourself with it if you got into a fight on the street then it will do the job.

• I think that we should have a self defense class in schools. Some classes could even go above and beyond and create boxing classes, Ju Jitsu classes. A way to show a student how to defend themselves in the best way.

• I think that self defense should not be taught at school. I think that if a school has self defense it should be an extracurricular after school activity. I think this because to many students would get a super high ego and their would be a higher potential for fights. Personally I do know enough to defend myself but I have never taken an actual class.

• yes we should have a self defense class because it would help other students with self defense incase they got in a fight 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker