Should we have a self defense class at school?

Physical conduct should be used as a last resort, however in dangerous situations it should be used. Knowing self defense could mean life or death for some people.

Along with learning how to protect themselves students can also learn self awareness, Spatial awareness, and help students detect dangerous situations early before anything happens. Self defense can also improve self-confidence and physical fitness. Studies show that teaching students self defense actually reduces physical Disputes in school. 

In many cases when young adults are in danger they panic however part of knowing and learning self defense is keeping calm and bing able to see thing level headed. With over about six different styles of  common and practical self defense and more then 170 styles of martial arts this being there are many different opportunities for schools to teach different styles. 

With most styles of self defense you do not have to worry about being stronger then your opponent. When learning self defense you are taught how to use your opponents body weight and momentum against them. 

Teaching self defense in school could be beneficial in many ways. I personally thing that we should make a P.E class for a form of self defense. For thoses who want to take part of learning self defense.

Should we have a self defense class in school?

Do you know self defense, if so what kind of it?

https://educationandbehavior.com/self-defense-to-stop-bullies/

https://www.grabellaw.com/five-reasons-you-should-take-a-self-defense-class.html

https://edu4sure.com/self-defense-learning

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• agreed its just keeps getting more dangerous in the world and we need to know how to defend ourselves. Boxing is really cool I wish I had some where to learn how to box. 

• yes, we should have self-defense classes, many people males and females get taken advantage of and they would have a better chance of that not happing if they knew some self-defense. they should be optional of course but if you want to learn then you should be able to. 

• I feel like we should have self defense class in school to help people learn how to protect themselves. This is because there are many problems within schools like shootings and fights. I have been in one self defense class and learned how to stop a person from attacking. This would be very helpful for young people who are at risk for attacks.

• In my opinion, I think this would be a great class to take in school. It would teach us how to deal with creeps out in the world. We would know how to protect ourselves if ever in a bad situation.  It could also be very beneficial to our school and community.

• I think a self defense class would be a good idea. It could help students and wouldn't really take time out of their schedule. It is good to know how to protect yourself and this could be used in many different ways. Personally, I don't know any seld defense but would be intrested in learning some. 

• Yes, it would be good for us to learn how to protect ourselves, in situations where we are in trouble. This probably isn't self-defense, but I know how to use my hands and other body parts to protect myself. I can use my elbow to protect myself or I can kick the person trying to attack me. 

• I would consider that self defense you can protect your self against someone coming after you. weather you have been thought it by a professional or not it could still help you get away. 

• A self defense class would be a very beneficial thing to have within our schools. It would help teach kids to defend themselves against assault and other dangerous situations. There really isn't a reason to not have it as the ability to defend yourself against an attacker is a major thing to have against people. I do not know any type of self defense other than the tried and true tactic of screaming and flailing around randomly.

• I think that we should have self defense class in school. Self defense is an important lesson for people of all ages and not many people know what to do in a situation that you would need to know how to defend yourself. I do not know any kind of self defense, but it's something that I would like to learn.

• There are many places around us that do teach self defense, there is one I know of in harlan that is accessible for many people and is vary good. There are a lot in council bluffs and omaha that are amazing to.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker