should transgender care for minors be restricted?

There have been a lot of talks lately about states restricting or outright banning transgender care. This can be very harmful to trans youth, taking away the one thing they can do to feel good about themselves can harm their mental health and well-being. banning trans care for minors will inevitably raise suicide rates among trans youth.  

There has been more than one state banning or restricting trans care making it harder and harder for children to feel comfortable in their bodies. I think banning trans care for minors is not a good idea, the way it is now trans youth can get care but they need the permission of their parents and a therapist's recommendation. Making already hard enough to get care but this bill will take away all the effort we have gone through.

what do you think?

should transgender care be restricted?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• some people can never be happy with the gender they were born with, they can be happy if they are associated with a different gender. and just because my summary is short is not an excuse to be rude.

• I'm not trying to be rude but I'm just saying what I want to say it's my opinion but I would like to know more info about why change gender and why do transgender need care?

• transgender care is another way of saying surgery is like top surgery. it's also hormones like testosterone and estrogen. transgender people change their gender because no matter what they do they can't be happy with their assigned gender. another reason why trans people need care is that the suicide rates of trans kids are very high.

• I think that you shouldn't be able to change gender and if you think that there are more than two genders then you should go to a mental hospital because they are people you can talk to get help.

• I believe that transgender care should be restricted until the age of 18 when people are adults and mature enough to realize how much repercusion their decisions have. After being an adult, people are fully responsible of their decisions and mature enough to decide. 

• i think that if their parents consent then they should be able to get the care they need.

•  I feel that it should be restricted until the child is an adult 18.  Some kids may change their minds as they get a little older. Sometimes its just a phase. However, if they are 18 and still want to permanently change their body, they have every right to do so. 

• I beileve that they should because at a young age you're still developing and they don't know how their lif will turn out. I mean be who you wan't to be but at least live your life a little then decide if you want to do this. I don't think that we should support transgenders especially when they are young because they could mess up and then they can't change back. It's a very big decision when you can't change back but they don't have that knowledge.

• I think that once you are a late teenager like 17, you should be able to get the care you need.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker