should transgender care for minors be restricted?

There have been a lot of talks lately about states restricting or outright banning transgender care. This can be very harmful to trans youth, taking away the one thing they can do to feel good about themselves can harm their mental health and well-being. banning trans care for minors will inevitably raise suicide rates among trans youth.  

There has been more than one state banning or restricting trans care making it harder and harder for children to feel comfortable in their bodies. I think banning trans care for minors is not a good idea, the way it is now trans youth can get care but they need the permission of their parents and a therapist's recommendation. Making already hard enough to get care but this bill will take away all the effort we have gone through.

what do you think?

should transgender care be restricted?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't agree with you I think that there should be care for transgender people I respect your opinion but you could have worded it not so rudely. transgender people are not braindead.

• Well if you believe in more than two genders, I believe you could need some mental help.

• just because someone believes in more than two genders does not mean they need mental health you are extremely rude.

• I am not being rude. Simply stating that GOD made us with two genders and we don't switch genders. Believe what you want, but this would sure never change my mind.

• I don't believe in just changing your gender but I will still continue to respect your opinion. I feel that care should be restricted until the age of 18. I honestly don't think that transgenders should be able to receive care at all, but people are still going to find a way around it, that's why I think it should be restricted until 18. I believe that any younger than this is not in the best interest of the person. They are young and should think about it more before they make that type of decision.

• In my opinion I don't think that you should be able to change your gender but especially not when you are a minor. I don't think younger kids really know what they want yet and the change is something that affects their body for life. I do think that the care should be restricted in Iowa and shouldn't allow changes because of how young the kids are and their choice could be influenced by parents or peers. I support the banning of care. 

• I think that until you are 18 you should not be able to receive care. They are still young and don't know what they want. At 18 I still don't know if they should be able to receive care. I think that Iowa should definitely restrict transgender care. I don't think they should be able to get stuff done.

• I don't think that they should be able to get care because first of all, I think it's dumb if you change your gender because you should be able to stay the gender you are and not change. Still, I believe that you are young and your brain isn't fully developed and I think it dumb to change gender and just because you aren't happy with your gender doesn't mean you should change your gender.

• I disagree people can identify as a different gender than they were born with and calling it dumb is rude. I can respect your opinion if you were nicer about it.

• well, I think if you would add more to your summary then I might be nicer but why would you change gender?

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker