Should there be an online school option?

Should there be an option of online school? In my oponion I think there should be online school for many different reasons. Such as having to work jobs and not have school being in the way or maybe you have to watch your siblings during the schoold days when your parents can't there are many different reasons for this online program should be a thing. If online school was a thing in all school districts I think that there would be a higher percent of graduates for the kids/families that make it hard for those kids who don't get to graduate. There are many kids who would be more encouraged to graduate school online then being in school. For this reason many kids are shy not socialable or have be anxiety or even just not like being around people. In the future I think a lot more schools will start to have different programs to be online.

Should online school be a thing in all schools why or why not?

Do you think there would be more Students graduating if online school was a thing?

https://ies.ed.gov/ncee/edlabs/regions/midwest/pdf/rel_2015065.pdf 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Konnor,

This topic has already been done this semester. Be sure to expand a bit more on your summary. The bigger issue is that you didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 30 points.

• I think online school should be an option because there are so many times were people get sick, they may have social anxiety, or they just don't have time for in person school. This is why some kids are homeschooled. They do this so that they have more time for other activities in their life while getting a full education.

• I think there should be an option for online school, however, I do not think that it should be the only option of school for the students. I personally learn a lot better in person. I think that a few more people would graduate because of of online school, but I don't think it would make a huge difference.

• I think that there should be a choice to do online school. I feel it would make it easier for some kids if they want to take school that way. I wouldn't personally want to take online school, I found it hard in 7th grade when covid started and I feel it would be harder in highschool. I don't think it would change the graduation rates.

• If I would have the option to take online classes I would take them. I think all schools should have the option to take online classes if they wanted to. I also think that kids could but might not graduate early, just because of their friends being in school.

• I think that online school should be an option in schools. I feel that most students don't perfer online school because it is difficult to do and it's not in person. If online school was a thing, I don't think there would be more students graduating because I think teachers in the school work hard with their students and help them to graduate.  You would not get that with online classes.

• I think that there should be an option to be online or half online and half in person. I think that if we did have that option then teachers would be able to have the students come to school and have in person if they had to for a project for example. I think that it would be a good idea but might cause issues.

• I think that online school should be a option becase there are some people that would rather not come to school. But being online can make things difficult because there are people that would not do any homework.

• I think that online school should be an option for certain kids. I agree with you and think that more kids would graduate that can't go to in person schooling. If you have really bad social anxiety or a compromised imune system, online school would be great so you can study and not have to be around other people.

• yes I believe there should be  online school for those that wish to do it so that they can learn and do the best they can 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker