With 79% of people saying prescription drug costs are unreasonable, and 70% reporting lowering prescripon drug costs as their top priority, The populor prescription drug debate is how they are going to reduce prescription drug costs, One concideration is whether the federal government should regulate prescription drug prices.

A prescription drug is a medication that may only obtained with a doctors recommendation and authorization, In some US states, Physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, clinical psychologists, and other medical professionals are able to write prescriptions in additon to doctors. prescription drugs are divided into two categories brand named drugs and generic drugs 

In the united states drug companies set prescription drug prices, which are largley unregulated by the US Federal Government. Some drug companies will be familiar due to their names being attached to Covid-19 vaccines or other common producst Like johnson and johnson and pfizer,Others may not be household names but command large portions of the market.

Do you think the government regulate prescription drug prices? 

Why or why not?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that the prices for prescription drugs should be lower. If someone needs the medication to live and they do not have enough money to purchase those medications then they will either become very sick or in the worse case they will die.

• I think the government should put regulation on perscription drugs, because the pharmaceutical business seems to be a monoply. They can control how much they sell for how much, and they can sometimes make the prices quite unreasonable. 

• I agree i think that the government should control the prices of the drugs so they can make it easier for people to afford. I also think it's unfair to familys that can't afford the drugs can't get them to get better.

• I think that the cost of prescription drugs should be lower, I find it outrageous that medicine that can help people cost so much that many people can not afford it. the cost of medicine should never be so high it is an important drug to help people and if it cost so much then some people will never recover. 

• I think they should put a limit. The pharmaceutical business is a monopoly. I don't mean pharmacies, I mean prescription drug distributors. They make medicine extremely difficult to pay for, especially for people without health insurance. Medications like, insulin is costly, to the point it is ridiculous. 

• I think they should put a limit on it. because some of the medicine is expensive and overpriced and if the government regulates them, they will be less expensive and they save money. 

• I totally agree the prices they have on drugs are insane.They should lower the cost of the drugs so family's that don't have much can afford them.  They need to regulate the prices for drugs.

• I think that they should put some limits on drug prices. I've seen people that take smaller amounts of their medicines or just don't take them at all because of how expensive it is. people shouldn't have to stop taking the medicine that keeps them healthy just to save money.

• I totally agree especially when some familys can't afford them because of how much they cost. I do belive they should make the prices afforable especally for family's that are poor.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker