Militaries have increasingly opened combat roles to women, but there have been some critics warning this will lower standards and effectiveness. There has been historical evidence suggesting integrating women into combat roles would not impact effectiveness, and perhaps even increase it under certain circumstances. There has been study done that Women are more effective in some circumstances than men. Allowing women to serve in combat roles doubles the talent pool for delicate and sensitive jobs that require interpersonal skills not every soldier has. Women should be able to serve in combat roles if they can pass phsyical test like mens can. There is also talk that women are not as physical as most women are.

There are many different pros and cons. That all women are not physically capable like men are. There has been a study that women suffer higher injury rates. Also another con is that getting pregnant can affect the deployability. Another con is that women say they are capable of all of physically, mentally, morally capable of leading combat operations when they're not. Pro is that it gives women leadership and team building skills.

https://sistersinarms.ca/history/women-in-combat-pros-and-cons/

https://www.isidewith.com/poll/1613615491

Do you think women should be allowed to serve in combat roles?

Do you think women are capable to handle all the requirement?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that a women can do everything a man can if they try there hardest. If a women wants to serve in combat then should be able to now if she cant do them then I think its not for her but atleast give her the chance to show she can do it or better then some men. 

• Yes, I believe that women should be alloud to serve in combat roles. I feel like if they want to they should be able to its there choice. And just like men women can be just as good at in combat as men. Yes I believe that women are capable to serve in those roles.

• I think that women should be able to serve in combat roles. I think that they should be able to because they could be very helpful or make good decisions. I also think that it dosnt matter what gender you are to be able to serve. If you want to serve then you should be able to.

• I think that they should allow woman to serve in combat roles. I think that they should be given the choice to make the decision to fight or not. I think that if anyone tries hard enough and fits the requirements, then they should be able to choose to serve or not.

• In my personal opinion, I do think that women should be allowed to serve in combat roles. I think that if any person makes the decision to fight for their country they should have the right too, regardless of gender. I think that if anyone works hard enough to reach all of the standards, they are more than capable of handling the requirements.

• I think that they should be able to because, if they want to go and fight for their country they should be able to. There might be some things that they can't do that a guy could do but that depends on the person and what they can and cant do. 

• I think that they should allow women to do the same as men can. Men and women should have equal rights, but I believe that men should rely on women to do all the work or the more complicated stuff. I think that women are capable enough to do those kinds of jobs.

• I think women should be able to serve in combat roles because they fight just as hard as men have for tge past 200 years. They have served us even before they could go into combat. They took care of our soilders and protected them when needed. I think women are very capable of handling allthe requirments. Some women are better than men in some requirments.

• I think that women should be allowed to serve in combat roles. I believe that there are women who are capable to handle all the requirements. Even though women might not be as strong as men, they can still serve a valuable role.

• I agree with you I think women should be allowed to serve in combat roles. I also agree with you that women who are capable to handle all the requirement. I agree with you women might not be as strong as men but they should still be able to do the role.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker